Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

How old is too old?

Snarky-Guru

My 42-year-old cousin just announced on Facebook that she's pregnant. I offered my congratulations, but in the back of my mind, I admit I think that's awfully late in life to have children. Her husband is already 48-years-old. I know it's a sensitive topic and I'd never say anything rude to her, but it made me think, how old is too old when it comes to starting a family?

Rylan10

I was 47 when my daughter was born. She is 3 years old now. and I am 50. She is the best thing that has happened to us, but I must admit that I find it hard sometimes to keep up with her, because she wants to play all day. I would say good luck to your cousin, as long is a baby is loved, it is a fantastic thing to happen!

ShadowEdge

Some people have more energy than others as they age. If you think you can handle a child later in life, then I say go for it. There are some advantages like having greater household stability and financial standing.

RandyW

I couldn't or wouldn't want to do it that late but kudos to them. My kids were up and off to college by then. I wanted to be a young grandparent.

Rylan10

I never even thought of age as being an issue. I do think that, as we are older parents, we tend to over-worry about things, at every stage in her growing-up. Younger parents may tend to take things for granted.

TynBox

I read somewhere that the maturity level of parents are passed onto their children from birth. If that's the case, I would say 42 isn't too old at least from that standpoint.