• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

How many hours of sleep?

Ratings
Health experts recommend 7 or 8 hours of sleep each day but I average about 5. I know that I should be aiming for at least 6 hours of sound sleep but I am not the type to get into bed early enough.

Ratings
I have heard varying recommendations on how many hours of sleep we should get. I would say it depends on the individual and factors such as daily physical activity levels, medicine use, and so on.

Ratings
I agree with @RegentLennox that it probably depends on the activity levels, and these vary from one person to the other. When I am not too busy, I normally manage upto 7 hours of sleep but in most cases I average at least 5 hours.

Zack T

Ratings
116 1
I'm still not totally sure how much I personally need. It seems I'm often tired no matter how many hours I get, but I tend to feel the best after about 8 or 9 hours so maybe that's my sweet spot.

I try not to stay up too late, I get up at 7AM for work during the week so I don't let myself go to bed any later than 11:30. I usually am in bed by midnight on weekends.