Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

How Long Was He Out There?

Classified

A man from Texas was found alive after being lost in the Grand Canyon for 11 days. 11 days in the Grand Canyon in the end of December. I've been to the Grand Canyon. I see the weather maps. 0 degrees farenheit is not an uncommon occurrence up there. I could be wrong, but this sounds like an intentional thing he did.

If he wanted to dissappear for awhile for personal reasons, that's his thing. But if that's the case, he should be sent the bill for the rescue.

What do you guys think?

Zack T

I've never been, but it's a massive place and I think it's possible to underestimate just how lost we'd get without GPS-related technology. I have no context to say if he was an avid hiker/outdoorsy type of person who may have been able to navigate on his own...one would think if he survived 11 days that he might have some knowledge. But even still, it's possible he couldn't find his way. I dunno. Without an article to read, I don't have much opinion on if he intended to get lost or not.

Generally speaking though, people don't try to disappear in that way. If he wanted to commit suicide, there's far quicker and easier ways to do it. If he wanted to disappear, there's probably more pleasant and easier places to vanish into.

TynBox

A fascinating story, that's for sure. I found this and it helps explain things a little better. He was probably experienced but lost his way at some point and in time, got disoriented and stayed lost.

Dust and Rust

With stories like this, they usually point out what the person ate and drank to stay alive. You don't go 11 days without food and water, so why didn't any news outlets point out this part of his ordeal?