Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

How is your health?

TynBox

it really is the most important thing we have, so, how you all doing? Me, I'm a little overweight and have started sit-ups and curling a bit just just get things a little tighter. Other than that, I'm pretty good.

And..................GO

Zack T

For the most part, I've been fortunate to have good health most of my life. However, I'm not immune to problems.

Scoliosis is my biggest one. That's curvature of your spine, if anyone's unfamiliar with it. Not really clear why it develops in some people, seems to be hereditary but it's still uncertain as to exactly why it happens. Most folks with scoliosis get diagnosed as young kids, usually 11 and younger. For some reason, I slipped through the cracks and wasn't diagnosed until I was 17. A big reason for that is I wasn't ever in any pain from it, and most people who go through scoliosis do have noticeable back pain. I was training to become a pro wrestler toward the end of my high school career, that's how it was discovered. Ended up having surgery at 18 years old, put rods and bolts down the length of my spine. They tried to straighten it as much as they could but due to my age, the bones were less malleable. But it won't get any worse, so that's good. Ironically, I'm more sore after the surgery than I was beforehand. Still, not very sore, especially now 15 years now. Mostly just lost a bit of my movement range, and obviously can't wrestle.

I do have at least 1 mild hernia that formed sometime within the last 4 years or so. Pretty sure I know what did it, when I lifted my ex wife and for some reason it just tore a little. I worry I may have made it worse here in the last week, actually. Been sick with a cold and coughing really hard a lot, there was one day in particular last week that it felt like I tore it in 2 new ways, but I'm truly not sure about that yet.

I also have an issue with my bladder not fully emptying. Your bladder looks kind of like a big bag and it's got a "neck" that's connected to the urethra, and my issue is that for some reason the muscles in my bladder and that neck don't coordinate properly and the result is the bladder squeezes shut at the wrong times so I can't fully empty. It'll feel empty at the moment, but I'll end up having to go back to the bathroom within an hour or less, or more depending on the day. It's not completely reliable, some days it feels like it works right and other days it feels like I'm always back on the way to the bathroom.

As a result of the soreness from my back and from the bladder stuff, I had sleep issues. I'd just wake up 3 to 5 times a night due to being sore, then have to go to the bathroom and try to get back to sleep. So I take a sleep aid pill each night to help me stay asleep. Now I usually wake up 1, maybe 2 times, sometimes 0.

Beyond that, I'm in fairly good shape. I don't really watch what I eat, I donate plasma most weeks, I don't work out but I walk 20 minutes each day (I park 10 minutes away from my office due to cheapest parking available) so that's something.

whaleshark

The part of me that's off is my frozen right shoulder, which I got from a combination of dozing off weirdly on the sofa too many times, mixed with a few intense home cleaning sessions. I can't completely straighten that arm upright and beyond. But it's come a long way over the past seven months.

Ogmore

Terrible. It's mostly genetics at play though. Every man in my family over the age of 25 has high blood pressure and I can't get mine under control either, despite making the necessary lifestyle changes like eating a low-sodium diet and giving up alcohol entirely. Taking blood pressure medicine makes me feel awful. I still have a full head of hair, but the heart of an old man.

Rambler

All is good for now. I foresee myself working until the very end, so I do try to mind what I eat and do. Seeing people as young as in their 50s already having memory issues and losing other abilities I take for granted – it kind of scares me.