• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

How does the future of gaming of look like?

Ratings
Do you agree with the assertion that VR is a dream gathering dust and if not, could this be the technology that defines future advancements in the video gaming arena? How about Amazon developing an online video streaming service?

Ratings
I remember watching a video on Steam about one of the first VR games. The "game" was slicing vegetables, mowing the lawn and other mundane tasks. I don't believe gamers are interested in doing virtual chores. Now that they've started coming out with fun game ideas like first person shooters, adventure or RPG, interest will continue to rise and production will grow.

Zack T

Ratings
113 1
I tend to think VR headset based games are a real small market because it's not very appealing to have to get that extra equipment just to play a few limited games that may not have online functionality, plus you have to actually wear that equipment and it's clunky to do so.

Streaming video game services probably has a bright future as long as there's no technical hiccups. If they can provide a smooth gameplay experience, then that really opens up the possibility about mobile gaming on your phone or tablet. Playing Call Of Duty or whatever using a Bluetooth controller with your phone would be pretty rad. Probably will require wifi or maybe even 5G speeds to make sure it goes perfectly, but I think there's appeal for gamers in that. It'd be a lot easier to carry around a little laptop or a tablet to a friends house for a gaming party than to bring over your console + a TV to use it on.

Ratings
I have a feeling that there will be a different type of gaming that will emerge once 5G has become the norm in network speed. VR might still need more technological advancement to reach its potential in the gaming world.