Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Home theater system

deathlock

We are entertainment and sports enthusiasts, which means we spend much of our times in front of the screen. As we continue our adventure to find the great shows, have you also considered upgrading the equipment to make the experience even better? Do you already have one?

I own a Sony X930E TV. It's still an LCD/LED type, though; I hope to get an OLED one someday. For now, this one is good enough. I am working hard to save more to get a home theater system. Any recommendations on which one to get?

Technology changes all the time and companies are always innovating new things. Though I still have a system that I bought two years ago, I am tempted to upgrade in at least six month's time.

My system is also a few years old but it is still working for me. We added surround sound which is wonderful. Makes me feel like I am at the movie theater.

deathlock

My system is also a few years old but it is still working for me. We added surround sound which is wonderful. Makes me feel like I am at the movie theater.
Which brand did you get? With my budget, I decided to go with the Sony TV first. Visual is still more important than sound to me. I also haven't decided if I should just get a wireless one or go with the conventional system and hide the wires later.

I have an old home theater system that my friend assembled for me. I don't even know what to call because it is an assembly of parts but that delivers, according to my expectations. I don't think getting an upgrade is going to happen anytime soon!

Which brand did you get? With my budget, I decided to go with the Sony TV first. Visual is still more important than sound to me. I also haven't decided if I should just get a wireless one or go with the conventional system and hide the wires later.
We wanted the Bose but it was too expensive. We settled for a Sony which we were very happy with. We never did get the wires hidden. LOL!

I read somewhere that a home theater system cannot be 100% wireless. I don't know how true this is. As far as the numerous wires are concerned, I often prefer to have them hidden, from the very start!