Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Holidays 2013

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Yeah, basically. It's part two of showing my girlfriend around bits of Europe I know well, and Calais where I'd hang out with my Grandparents whenever I didn't have time to go to Amsterdam, so I thought it would be cool. My mission in life is to get her to eat either snails of frogs legs.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
I get a mini break! ROADTRIP~~~!!! London, Manchester and Newcastle in 3 days, then home. Better than a kick in the teeth :)

Boyo

Last Saturday I got horribly stoned in Amsterdam. Yikes! It doesn't take much to get me baked at all, and I'd been enjoying niblets of cannabis to get me a nice buzz, but on Saturday I had a muffin and two spliffs, after an afternoon of drinking. I'm not a big pothead at all.

Never again. I do remember being stoned, and I know how horrible and wobbly I felt (my equilibrium said goodbye for about 40 minutes). I just couldn't do a thing about anything, and it was horrible.

I'll still go to Amsterdam and I'll still do pot, but lesson learned: stick to tiny, wussy niblets.

Cheers!

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Edibles are way different to just smoking weed. It's a stronger almost psychedelic experience. I ate a cookie one time and wasn't feeling anything so I started eating another. Didn't make it halfway through the second cookie before it hit me like a truck carrying bricks. Since then I've learned to be very respectful of the edibles. I prefer to smoke it though. I'd like to get a vaporizer but good ones are really expensive.

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Oh man, if you eat it without knowing what you're getting into then you can get in trouble quick. Once it's in your system you just have to ride it out. At least with smoking you can just stop and the effects aren't gonna continue to get worse.

Don't even get me started on people getting into trouble with edibles and mushrooms in Amsterdam. Yikes.

Boyo

On the Thursday I had a space cake (only about the size of a meatball) with my lunch and had a bloody great time :lol:. On the Friday I had a spliff and, well, didn't really feel that much.

Saturday though, one and a half muffins (proper big muffins), two spliffs, lots of beers too, not to mention the largely empty stomach. Just horrible. I'm glad my friends were there with me at the "Slujsenwacht" (sp) riverside pub when it all kicked off because anything could have happened (even though Mark was in every bit the same state, ha).

Cheers!

dpddave

talent spotter
Subscriber
Definitely not a good idea to smoke it if you're gonna be drinking alcohol as well. I was there for 3 days a few weeks ago and I was a drunken, stoned mess the whole time and I'd be a regular smoker. After 4 or 5 pints and a couple of joints everything just became a blur.

Inno

Subscriber
ROADTRIP~~~!!! in a week! Wheeee!

Shaun2J

Subscriber
I'm not the smoker but I've had a few spliffs in my life. I got smacked in the face with the strongest of shit when I smoked a bong a few weeks ago, I just didn't want to open my eyes, so I sat there with a blanket on my head, went to sleep at 6 in the evening and woke up at 4 in the morning. I thought the chair was eating me, I flipped out man.

FreeSpirit

Done an amazing two week USA trip in April. Went to Philadelphia, New York City (WrestleMania/RAW), Boston (SmackDown), Orlando, Miami and Charlotte.

My 2nd USA trip of the year happens in September. Going back to Miami then Las Vegas, The Grand Canyon, Detroit, (Night Of Champions), Cleveland (RAW-Row 3 behind the announce table), Pittsburgh (SmackDown) and Chicago. Really am very excited for this upcoming trip, it's cost me a hell of a lot, but will be well worth it.

Ciaran The King

Legend in the making
Subscriber
Sounds amazing, hope it all goes well for :)

Not going abroad this year as work demands I stay:) but going away for a week end of August to Cornwall. Looking forward to it

Inno

Subscriber
ROADTRIP~~~!!! Tomorrow :D London, Manchester, Newcastle and home