Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Holiday Vacation

Ratings
My family is planning to go on a vacation trip as the holidays are approaching. We are contemplating on spending the Christmas and New Year in one of the tropical beaches in Thailand or the Philippines. Let us all share how we spend our holidays.

Ratings
Nothing much with us. Going on vacation trips are so expensive, so I would rather spend that money with a good meal for the holidays. Besides, family bonding doesn't need to be in a different place other than the home in order to make it memorable.

Ratings
I'm planning on spending my Christmas holiday at home. For me, no vacation spot can compare to being at home for the holidays. I don't mind traveling during non-holiday times, but during the holidays, travel for me is a no-no. It doesn't feel relaxing to me. When I was a young girl my family used to travel sometimes during the holidays, and it was all well and good, but nothing beat coming home. Spending Christmas in someone else's house was not terrible, it just wasn't home. Same thing with Thanksgiving. After eating a nice, big meal, I want to be able to relax and unwind at home.
Going somewhere to celebrate the New Year isn't so bad, but I don't have any plans to go anywhere.:):party:

Ratings
I respect both of you for opting to stay at home rather than going somewhere else during the holidays. I agree that there is no place like home. For us, though, we planned this trip for months already and we just wanted to have a getaway vacation. We can only do that during the long holidays.

Zack T

Ratings
80 1
For Christmas this year, myself, my son, and his mother will be traveling down to Texas to see my side of the family down there. One of my cousins is getting married on December 22nd, so we'll be there for that. Will see multiple aunts, uncles, cousins, my maternal grandparents.

Normally though, I'm not a big celebrator. For my son's sake, I do make sure to be involved in something but that's often as simple as seeing my mom/sister/brother in law here locally in town and that's pretty much it. And obviously, he gets presents :)

But if it weren't for him, I wouldn't celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving at all, unless my family invite me over for it. Otherwise, I just don't particularly care.

Ratings
You and me both regarding the celebrations of holidays. Christmas, Thanksgiving, or other holidays have become so commercialized that the essence or meaning of that holiday has been done away with. Christmas, for example, is observed throughout the world, even though we don't believe in the birth of Christ.