Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Historical fictional novels

jack25

Have you ever read a book told through historically accurate events? One such book that took me down the history lane was The Book Thief, a story about a young girl - Liesel - who grows to love books. To find solace from the horrors around her, she steals books from the mayor's house to learn new words. The themes depicted in the book include power and literacy, grief, love, and hate in human nature.

coleman

I have read countless reviews about The Book Thief, and it is time I read it. A friend even confessed to having read it three times, every other time seeing the characters from different perspectives. Rereading gives the reader a chance to pick what might have skipped a previous time.

didge

The Book Thief is a popular book that I need to read. Almost everyone I meet either recommends it or shares a few themes that the book highlights. I might have to diversify and start reading historical fictional novels; I often prefer to read memoirs, biographies, and autobiographies!