Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

HHH being buried

Ed_666

Last year, HHH was blasted by every man an his dog for "burying" Booker T at WM.

Now how did he do this? Well he waited 17 secs (as everyone put in capital letters to show how important it was) after hitting his finisher to pin him. And that amounted to a "total burial".

Fast forward to this year, and Chris Benoit is being pushed to the moon, and he fights HHH (and HBK) at WM XX in the main event. What happens? HHH taps clean in the middle of the ring.

Then HHH loses in a rematch, this time doesn't job though.

Then HHH fights Benoit at Vengeance, and loses to a ROLL-UP!! :eek

Then we have an iron man match, and the finish calls for Eugene to do a run-in and cost HHH the match, so he hits him in the head with a chair and runs off. Benoit then waits TWO MINUTES to make the cover, and HHH still jobs!!

Now if a 17 sec wait is totally burying someone, what is 2 entire mins, espcially when you've already beaten the guy in the last three PPV's?

What's happened to all HHH's so called "backstage pull", since he's been a complete jobber for about the past year now?

Ed

MARTIN316V1

Im with Ed here, If the exact same thing happened but the other way around (Batista nails Benoit with a chair) and HHH takes 2 minutes to cover Benoit and pick up the win, everyone would be saying the Benoit Push is all for nothing and now he's buried.

Spiritchaser

Your point being?
H3 has made his bed and now he lies in it with Steph.
He has to do these jobs for the good of the business, end of story.
He will be away filming another movie soon and can't have the belt so whether he jobs after ten minutes or not is irrelevent. Eugene is the one H3 jobbed for not Benoit, and with Eugene's "special" powers, H3 was lucky not to have been stretchered off at the end of Raw, to show the awesome strength of Eugene.
Helmsley will be back in the title picture when he returns which is more than can be said for RVD and the Bookerman, they will still be feuding over the US Title probably.

Spiritchaser.
No H3 Fan.

Jung

How long was the Booker T match? About 12 mins? How long was the Benoit match? 1 hour.

How many times do u see people struggling for 17 seconds, after wrestling a bit over 10 minutes. Never.

Yet for an hour, when fatigue plays the largest part, of course you are going to see something like that.

You fail to miss out how Trips made Booker look amateurish in said match and feud as well. And also what happened to Booker aftewards? He went straight back to mid card.

Trips loses to Benoit, and tell me who was in the main event at Badd Blood? Benoit? Erm don't think so.

Thats the difference

MARTIN316V1

Why is everyone complaining that the HHH/HBK HIAC was Main Event, It Should be, Thats the biggest match on the card and the match everyone was looking forward too. For people complaining about HHH Main Events, I will guarantee you he will not be in the main event at Summerslam. Happy?

DraVen

Actually, yes I am happy :)

Regarding Bad Blood, it may have been the biggest match, but that's the problem. It shouldn't have been. It totally devaluates the World title, making it play second fiddle to Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Ok, so it was the big draw, but hell, put the belt on HHH going into HIAC if you must. I remember Judgment Day 2002 in HIAC with HHH and Jericho and that wasn't a main event. If I remember, the title match was, because the title is the ultimate goal.

And Ed, some fair points, but on the whole, unconvincing, and it just makes you look quite desperate to bring it up again :)

The Crippler

MARTIN316V1 said:
For people complaining about HHH Main Events, I will guarantee you he will not be in the main event at Summerslam. Happy?
Wow Martin, you went out on a limb there didn't you? :lol:

Ed_666 said:
It's well known that a roll up is a somewhat sneaky way to get a win. It is often seen as a "fluke" win. It would have been worse for Triple H if Benoit had used his finisher.

Then we have an iron man match, and the finish calls for Eugene to do a run-in and cost HHH the match, so he hits him in the head with a chair and runs off. Benoit then waits TWO MINUTES to make the cover, and HHH still jobs!!
I just this minute checked and Benoit covers him after 1 minute. This is 58 minutes into an Iron Man Match where Benoit has been busted open and just taken a violent chair shot to the back of the head. No wonder it took so long for him to make the cover.

As Jung said, HHH and Booker T had been wrestling for about 10 or 15. No chairshots and no beat downs like Benoit had (Evolution).

Another thing was with Booker T, in the build to it Triple H had been saying things like "your sort doesn't win titles like this" or whatever and basically not putting Booker over at all (much like Hunter's promo on Benoit - "you're just a placeholder while I take care of other business......you're only champion because I have allowed it." Shoot comment? :lol: ). So basically by Booker T not looking very good in the build to that match I'd have expected him to get his heat back by winning the match. Much like on nearly every Raw recently we've seen Benoit being destroyed by Triple H or Batista or whoever. But at least Benoit got his heat back by retaining the title.

Also Eugene had hit a Rock Bottom and hit Triple H with a chair in the face so it's hardly as if Benoit was covering him after they'd only been wrestling for 2 minutes and Eugene had hit him with a clothesline.

What's happened to all HHH's so called "backstage pull", since he's been a complete jobber for about the past year now?
Oh come on. Are you really trying to tell me he doesn't have any when guys like The Rock, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle have talked about it? When Vince McMahon himself has said that Stephanie and Hunter will take over when he retires?

A complete jobber this past year? If being a complete jobber for a year entails holding the title for a third of the past year like Triple H did, then I'd like to know what the hell Funaki is. :lol:

Chris Benoit has been pushed to the moon, I agree but that is because he wasn't in a position to look like a credible threat. He was jobbing to the FBI for christ sake. They've pushed him well in the underdog role.

Also the thing with Triple H and the likes of Booker T and RVD was Triple H had the opportunity to help elevate those guys and he didn't. That was what the burying thing was all about.

Benoit doesn't need to elevate Triple H. Triple H has held about 9 World Titles. He's over and he is a heel. Losses aren't as crucial to a heels heat as it is for a face.

I do get frustrated though with you Ed. I have no problem whatsoever with people having a dislike towards Benoit. The likes of Draven, Cactus or whoever don't really like him but at least they've praised him when it is due and I can respect that. You obviously have quite a severe dislike (your pointing out that Batista getting a pop in his hometown when he was facing Benoit the other week as the highlight of the show being an example of your pettyness) and it is pretty pathetic.

I've never once heard you say a good thing about Benoit and I've been aware of you now for nearly 2 years Ed. It seems your only comments in this forum now are about him and they are always negative.

You also keep banging on about people who have critcised Triple H but they've also gave him his dues when he's deserved praise. He's had a great 2004.

It's just a shame you can't give Benoit his due when he has had some great matches this year and he has had a very respectable title reign.

c0ma

Ed_666 said:
Last year, HHH was blasted by every man an his dog for "burying" Booker T at WM.

Now how did he do this? Well he waited 17 secs (as everyone put in capital letters to show how important it was) after hitting his finisher to pin him. And that amounted to a "total burial".

Fast forward to this year, and Chris Benoit is being pushed to the moon, and he fights HHH (and HBK) at WM XX in the main event. What happens? HHH taps clean in the middle of the ring.

Then HHH loses in a rematch, this time doesn't job though.

Now if a 17 sec wait is totally burying someone, what is 2 entire mins, espcially when you've already beaten the guy in the last three PPV's?

Ed
Charming, You spent last year complaining about Anti HHH fans moaning about him not jobbing and burying people and trying to convince all us "bandwagon jumpers" that HHH doesn't have any pull and isn't using politics.

Now the shoes on the other foot, It's perfectly acceptable for you to moan about Benoit's push huh? and the fact that HHH is supposedly being "buried" in your eyes. Not to mention that you've completely ignored the fact that HHH was in charge for the most of the Iron Man Match and looked in complete control for the most part and the fact that it took help from a Mentally challenged wrestler to get him the win, Also not forgetting that's it's pretty inevitable HHH will most likely be World Champion again before the year is out.

But hey, Feel free to come back and try and tell me otherwise when Benoit is in every main event for the next couple of years, When Benoit has held that title for near enough a year and a half, When Benoit marries the bosses daughter, When Benoit turns heel and beats all the top faces cleanly not allowing them to look good in the process. When Benoit is considered by his fellow workers to be "Management"... When Benoit main events a Wrestlemania and beats his opponent to the point where he is sent back down the mid card (Booker T, Jericho).

Pabster

TWO Hall of Fame Member
The Crippler said:
Wow Martin, you went out on a limb there didn't you? :lol:

It's well known that a roll up is a somewhat sneaky way to get a win. It is often seen as a "fluke" win. It would have been worse for Triple H if Benoit had used his finisher.

I just this minute checked and Benoit covers him after 1 minute. This is 58 minutes into an Iron Man Match where Benoit has been busted open and just taken a violent chair shot to the back of the head. No wonder it took so long for him to make the cover.

As Jung said, HHH and Booker T had been wrestling for about 10 or 15. No chairshots and no beat downs like Benoit had (Evolution).

Another thing was with Booker T, in the build to it Triple H had been saying things like "your sort doesn't win titles like this" or whatever and basically not putting Booker over at all (much like Hunter's promo on Benoit - "you're just a placeholder while I take care of other business......you're only champion because I have allowed it." Shoot comment? :lol: ). So basically by Booker T not looking very good in the build to that match I'd have expected him to get his heat back by winning the match. Much like on nearly every Raw recently we've seen Benoit being destroyed by Triple H or Batista or whoever. But at least Benoit got his heat back by retaining the title.

Also Eugene had hit a Rock Bottom and hit Triple H with a chair in the face so it's hardly as if Benoit was covering him after they'd only been wrestling for 2 minutes and Eugene had hit him with a clothesline.

Oh come on. Are you really trying to tell me he doesn't have any when guys like The Rock, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle have talked about it? When Vince McMahon himself has said that Stephanie and Hunter will take over when he retires?

A complete jobber this past year? If being a complete jobber for a year entails holding the title for a third of the past year like Triple H did, then I'd like to know what the hell Funaki is. :lol:

Chris Benoit has been pushed to the moon, I agree but that is because he wasn't in a position to look like a credible threat. He was jobbing to the FBI for christ sake. They've pushed him well in the underdog role.

Also the thing with Triple H and the likes of Booker T and RVD was Triple H had the opportunity to help elevate those guys and he didn't. That was what the burying thing was all about.

Benoit doesn't need to elevate Triple H. Triple H has held about 9 World Titles. He's over and he is a heel. Losses aren't as crucial to a heels heat as it is for a face.

I do get frustrated though with you Ed. I have no problem whatsoever with people having a dislike towards Benoit. The likes of Draven, Cactus or whoever don't really like him but at least they've praised him when it is due and I can respect that. You obviously have quite a severe dislike (your pointing out that Batista getting a pop in his hometown when he was facing Benoit the other week as the highlight of the show being an example of your pettyness) and it is pretty pathetic.

I've never once heard you say a good thing about Benoit and I've been aware of you now for nearly 2 years Ed. It seems your only comments in this forum now are about him and they are always negative.

You also keep banging on about people who have critcised Triple H but they've also gave him his dues when he's deserved praise. He's had a great 2004.

It's just a shame you can't give Benoit his due when he has had some great matches this year and he has had a very respectable title reign.
Now folks, that is what you call post of the week!

Ravenmark

This thread was pointless and to say HHH is getting buried is ridiculous.

HHH has been made to look strong since Wrestlemania and he pretty much dominated HBK in Hell in a Cell.

He has constantly put Benoit down on tv and Evolution have kicked the crap out of him on numerous occasions.

Chris Benoit has done very well in his first title reign, especially since his programs have been put on a backburner. For example, HHH and Benoit's match last month wasn't focused around a feud between them - it was all about Eugene.

Hopefully the main program/feud will soon revolve around the title.

Fidel Cashflow

Benoit deserves this reign and has done well even though his mike work is lackluster he is amazing in ring. Triple H hasn't really jobbed, he simply put Benoit over.

SideEffect

beniot is never ment to do mik work since he has that relly strong canadian accent but yet i would like to hear him talk

Mr_Showtime02

DraVen said:
Actually, yes I am happy :)

Regarding Bad Blood, it may have been the biggest match, but that's the problem. It shouldn't have been. It totally devaluates the World title, making it play second fiddle to Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Ok, so it was the big draw, but hell, put the belt on HHH going into HIAC if you must. I remember Judgment Day 2002 in HIAC with HHH and Jericho and that wasn't a main event. If I remember, the title match was, because the title is the ultimate goal.

And Ed, some fair points, but on the whole, unconvincing, and it just makes you look quite desperate to bring it up again :)
I am happy too.
HHH vs HBK in HIAC was the longest bore fest I had seen in a long time. THEY NEVER EVEN LEFT THE F'N CELL. It was a glorified TLC match. That match would have been just as exciting (Yawn) if the Cell wasn't even there. In fact, it wasn't anything more than the same match at Summerslam 2002. And yes, the H vs H in H (HHH...Ha Ha...) was a crippling blow to the Heavyweight Title.
Correction DraVen...was...the title was the ultimate goal...

Paul

Whats Dido got to do with it? Is she getting burried too?

Nice post Cripps, you summed it all up buddy. Oh, Ed, is the best you can do really bringing up a situation from a year ago that has no real comparison to the Benoit situation now????

The B-Man

I think Ed made some good points there, but Crippler certainly put him in his place.

HHH does get a lot of stick and there is no way that sleeping with the bosses daughter helps his case.

I don't think for one minute that benoit would ever refuse to put anyone over or attempt to burry anyone. (I doubt he has any say in the booking:p)

I don't visit here very often but has anyone mentioned HBK sticking his nose in the Wrestlemania match where it should be a one v one match, Im prety sure you will have.

The 3-way was a great match and made Benoit look very good but still I imagine this will have been a case of HHH and HBK's influence.

Fletch

you know its things like this that really get my goat with the open-ness of the business and what not christ almighty

HH vs Booker T- maybe he did bury him but when i watched it was meant to look like the match took a lot out of H hence the reason he acted liek he could barley stand at the end of the match,

When HHH does this he gets absolutely annihilated and bashed by everyone for "burying" people.

Yet when he gets buried like the situation you above mentioned, he still gets bashed and flamed and for what? What the hell has he done wrong now? Christ almighty this is really really p***ing me off now. HHH can do no right for you people, what do you want him to do? not turn up on TV at all and leave wwe altogether? that make you happy? Yeah then watch WWE fall apart because theres already a lack of main event talent a loss like H would be a big blow for WWE.

Im seriously angry at this rubbish and nonesense because HHH squashes people you moan, HHH jobs you moan even more. This is what the hell is wrong with the world, everyone on the hate HHH bandwagon, Open your freakin eyes people HHH does wwe the world of good by jobbing to people like Shelts and Benoit and all you can do is bitch about him for doing so, so as far as Im concerned HHH owns all of you.

The Crippler

I'm sorry who is moaning? Ed is the one who started the thread.

Triple H, like I've already said in this thread has had a great 2004. He most certainly didn't have a great 2003 or 2002 mainly due to him, his opponents and the often bizarre booking of feuds. I was merely pointing that out. I never once criticised him for doing the job to Benoit. Why would I say "Oh Hunter jobbed to my favourite wrestler at the biggest PPV of them all, what a son of a bitch"? He has done good business this year and had some great matches.

the_orton_mark

Formerly ortoncena
I don't think they are burying HHH. I tink once this movie everyone's talking about is over he'l come back for a few good feuds, then maybe dissapaear for another movie...and so on and so on.

MrFill

Actually, if you think about it, the cover was quicker than HHH's with Booker

Now, Booker/HHH went about 15 minutes, right?
The Iron Man match had gone nearly the whole hour

So, at this point in the match, it's taken four times as long, so therefore they should be four times as "tired"

Now, HHH took 17 seconds to cover Booker, multiply that by four and we get one minute and eight seconds, or 68 seconds

Benoit took 58 seconds to cover HHH, so therefore it's quicker, right? :D