Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Hendo here!

Hendo

Hi, Hendo here. My interests include reading/writing science fiction. My favorite authors include Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, and Ray Bradbury. I also like most of the classic sci-fi movies, like Alien. Believe it or not, I'm not up to speed with the more modern films, I have just been too busy.
I thought this forum might help me find out what's out there!

Hey Hendo, welcome to the group! There are loads of sci-fi fans here, so you're bound to get some great suggestions. I recommend The Mandalorian series if you haven't seen it already. The series brought us Baby Yoda and endless memes.

coleman

Isaac Amisov is a legend when it comes to popular science and science fiction, owing to his background in Biochemistry. How many of his books have you read?

Hendo

I remember that at a young age, probably 12 or 13, I used to borrow a lot of science fiction books, as there was a large old library in my home town. I read I, Robot and the Foundation series. My father had kept a lot of old Astounding Science Fiction magazines which have loads of great short stories. Apparently Isaac has written over 500 books!

didge

I remember that at a young age, probably 12 or 13, I used to borrow a lot of science fiction books, as there was a large old library in my home town. I read I, Robot and the Foundation series. My father had kept a lot of old Astounding Science Fiction magazines which have loads of great short stories. Apparently Isaac has written over 500 books!
First of all, welcome to the forum. There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here. I used to read a lot of sci-fi books back in the day until I discovered movies. Do you recall the TV series Fringe?

scififan

Hi didge, no i didn't watch "Fringe," I'm not sure if it reached that much publicity in the UK, although I found out that it was on Sky1. It sounds like my kind of thing though, with story-lines based on parallel universes. I might find a way to catch up on it!

TynBox

Hello Hendo. You forgot about Carl Sagan. :) I know he wasn't a science fiction writer in the traditional sense, but he helped open minds to outer space which can lead to an interest in Sci-Fi.

Welcome aboard fellow nerd. :)