Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Helping a pet through grief

Poppy

My mum had two cats and one had to be put away due to cancer. The remaining cat, Fiona, is nearly grieving herself to death. She's lethargic (even more so than your standard cat) and isn't eating unless prompted. How do you help a pet through the grieving process?

ShadowEdge

@Poppy, I'm sorry about your mother's cat. It's awful to lose a pet. Isn't Fiona the cat that your mom was making skinnier before posting the cat's pics on social media? Maybe the weight loss will give her more energy to play. In that case, getting another kitten might do Fiona some good.

DandyMandy

I'm so sorry @Poppy. How are your mom and Fiona doing now? Pets quickly become part of the family and it's tough to lose one. I had a dog that grieved so badly that I got another dog just to give him another canine companion. And it worked! I tried everything else before resorting to that, because it felt wrong to get a "replacement dog". But the new pup fit right in and they became fast friends. I guess some animals do okay alone and some don't.

coleman

So sorry to hear about this @Poppy. I agree with @ShadowEdge that getting Fiona another kitten companion may do her good. Helping a pet through grief is such a noble thing to do. It would bring great satisfaction to me.