• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Hayao Miyazaki's films

Ratings
Any Miyazaki fans out there? The likes of Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle are in a class by themselves. So evocatively and beautifully drawn.

Ratings
@headrush Which one do you like the most? I've only seen Spirited Away because of how popular the movie is. I think the messages of the story are not very visible; we need to really think about it to see its depth. It's interesting, but sometimes we don't want to go that far.

Ratings
Princess Mononoke used to be my favorite, but now it's a tie between Spirited Away (probably the most visually striking) and Howl's Moving Castle. You're right that there's a lot going on regarding themes. Miyazaki tends to have things to say about leaving childhood and/or understanding nature and spirits.

Ratings
The soundtracks for Miyazaki movies are pretty good. I downloaded a few hip-hop and jazz versions of some tracks. One of the better original songs is the one that's sung in the trailer and end credits of The Wind Rises.