Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Having a change of mind

Ratings
I used to detest weddings. I love the idea of marriage, and I think the right marriage is one of life's greatest gifts, but the idea of weddings themselves made me positively cringe... ugh. :info7::info7:
What bothered me about them was that I thought they were so intrusive, all kinds of people drinking :drink: too much, elbowing and winking at each other while staring at the bride and groom and saying amongst themselves, "We know what they're going to be doing tonight." :eyebrows::eyebrows:
And everybody standing around watching the new husband and wife kiss.:cautious::cautious::ninja: The very idea of wedding ceremonies made me kind of sick, like "why take something so personal and make it a public affair, on display for everyone?"0_O O_0
However... very recently, due to a series of events, I've kind of had a change of heart where weddings are concerned. They don't bother me so much anymore. Dare I say that I can even find them... beautiful? I feel very proud of myself actually. I feel like I've turned over a new leaf, and just in time!

Case in point, yesterday I watched a lot of the royal wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. I found it remarkable and breathtakingly beautiful. Just a very short while ago I may or may not (not!) have thought the same thing.

Have you ever had a very strong opinion or stance on something, and for one reason or another changed your mind about it? Have you ever grown to love something, like a TV show -- or someone, like your mother-in-law:whistling: that you used to detest?

Ratings
Well, I used to hate cats until one moved into my flat with me. Now, I think they're the bees knees. Or at least my fuzzy princess is the bees knees.

Weddings are awful. They drag on. The clothes you have to wear are uncomfortable. They're expensive to throw and they're expensive to attend. I'm still on the "weddings are terrible" bandwagon. I hate to hear that we've lost you to the dark side mate.

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
I've had a few bands that I absolutely hated before, and then once I heard a specific song or album come out, my mind changed on them.

ShadowEdge

Ratings
What changed your mind about weddings, HighlyLogical? I think weddings can be lovely and it really just depends on the couple. I change my mind fairly often with one exception - politics. I've even switched religions a time or two.
I've had a few bands that I absolutely hated before, and then once I heard a specific song or album come out, my mind changed on them.
That's a mighty big wind-up without sharing the band and the song. It was a boy band wasn't it?

Ratings
I love weddings. I watched the entire royal wedding and loved every minute. I like to see the gowns and how the church is decorated. I like to see the colors that are used and how they spill over into the reception. The thing I have done an about face on is judging people. I used to make a quick judgment on everyone I met. Over time, I have learned to take a second look and give that person a chance.

Ratings
@ShadowEdge What changed my mind about weddings? Well, I recently decided that weddings weren't so embarrassing after all. To be honest I still find them a little bit intrusive, but I don't think as strongly against weddings as I used to simply because I decided to think of them as something that most people plan, do, and attend. It's a part of life.