Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Hauling The Mail

17 Below Zero

This is a term used to describe a runner who is really, really fast. "He ran the 100m in 11 seconds? Kid hauls the mail, for sure"

What are some terms you know that you get a kick out of?

Haberdasher. It sounds wicked, but it's just a person who sells sewing goods like buttons, thread, and such. Not at all exciting, but the word still tickles me.
This is a term used to describe a runner who is really, really fast. "He ran the 100m in 11 seconds? Kid hauls the mail, for sure"
I like that one, mate. I'll have to use it sometime.

scatman

Ice Water in The Veins. The first time I heard that I thought "You could use that with a lot of types of people, not just sports."

ShadowEdge

My cat won't get out of my face. He wants to add Meoooow, Meeeeeeoooooow, and MEEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWW to the list. I'm not an expert in Catonese, but I'm pretty sure they all mean "give me some treats you insolent woman." He's such a tiny dictator.

Snarky-Guru

"Chain mail" is a favourite of mine. It's metal armour that's formed by a pattern of small chain links. Another is "to pull a blinder" which just means to skillfully achieve something that's difficult. "Bog-standard" is another and it means ordinary. I haven't used that one in a while.