• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Hate-watching? Watching long after it jumped the shark?

Ratings
Does anyone else continue watching once lovable programmes after they've jumped the shark or become boring? It's like the show was once really good, but then it became fake, senseless, contrived, or whatever. There's some FOMO so you keep watching in case it gets good again. You'd stop altogether, but you've already invested all that time getting into the show and the characters. So you watch it week after week and then snark on it later to anyone who will listen. It can't be just me, right?

Chuckyy

Ratings
This is how I feel about Black Mirror. It used to be amazing. It lost its spark somewhere in the third season for me. The most recent season was total garbage, but I watched the episodes more than once! Go figure.

Ratings
I'm hanging in there with The Walking Dead and Star Trek Discovery when I probably should have cut my losses long ago. It's hard to do though because I want to see a real ending. I need closure mate.

Ratings
I've done this with The Walking Dead. For the longest time, the episodes were so boring and bland. I would watch and keep commenting and complaining about everything that happened and at one point hoping for the main characters to just get killed off (Rick really annoyed me so much for MANY seasons).

Ratings
I love The Vikings, but the story of the Vikings has become blurry after Ragnar died. I'm just glad that the producers have decided to conclude the show for one more season. It is already a drudgery watching the in-fighting of the sons of Ragnar.