Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

H-H-Hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Just reading this recently and it made me laugh very loudly. As the Rock is currently being considered for a main role in Predator 3....

Taken from Rajahwwf.com

Sources in the movie biz are saying that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon have been speaking to producers and casting directors around Hollywood. The thing is that many people in that industry don’t really know who Triple H is. Many wrestlers are really not as lucky as The Rock and Steve Austin, who were able to land a few good roles and really be noticed all over the entertainment industry, The Rock being the most fortunate. Hunter seems to be surprised that he isn’t viewed as being a big star.

BWHAHAH. Get that round you big nose. Manufacture your own fame if you must, but wrestling isn't in anymore, and even if it was you have the charisma of a kiwi fruit.

Plus apparently HHH is set to turn face again soon. May God have mercy on our souls.

Seabass

Winner of the TWO Prediction League 2002-03
hahahaahaha...something to use against HHH marky marks :deviltail:
i do feel a bit saddened for HHH...until look back at his 9+ month title reign :D

Alan

Obviously all that tv time he has been hogging has not helped him in the slightest! maybe he will take note?

Ravenmark

as far as i know Austin was in 'Nash Bridges'.

I heard somewhere that Triple H has a part in 'Blade:Trinity'.

Ed_666

Originally posted by AlanJP
Obviously all that tv time he has been hogging has not helped him in the slightest! maybe he will take note?
Sometimes I think people don't actually watch the shows. Either that, or they're so brainwashed by HHH-bashers that they can't see straight.

Austin hogs MORE time on Raw than HHH does, and HHH is the champion!!

Austin doesn't even wrestle, yet inserts himself into almost EVERY angle on the show!

He also continually puts himself over wrestlers like Jericho, Kane etc by stunning them and beating them up.

On the other hand, HHH makes every other wrestler out to be better than him, thus making them look good.

Any non-biased person can see Austin is far far worse than HHH ever has been.

Ed

Simon

Ed have you lost the plot? At least Austin is entertaining... while youre at it, why not mention the TV time Vince hogs, the TV time Stephanie hogs and so on.

Austin's part of an angle... and his angle doesn't involve making other workers look like pieces of crap, unlike Mr. H's, so he's getting TV time for it.

If Austin was wrestling and making guys job to him I'd say fair enough, but otherwise theres no comparison to be made here.

Ed_666

Originally posted by Simon
Ed have you lost the plot? At least Austin is entertaining...
Perhaps we have differing ideas of what's entertaining. I don't call using up 30mins of a PPV by showing about 10 scenes of him giving someone beer and food till he throws up as entertaining!!

Or coming out ruining matches by getting the audience to chant "boring".

Or coming out and stunning wrestlers to put himself over.

Austin's part of an angle... and his angle doesn't involve making other workers look like pieces of crap, unlike Mr. H's, so he's getting TV time for it.
Austin's problem is he's part of EVERY angle. He's been involved with HHH v Nash, Jericho, Kane v RVD, Bischoff v Shane, Lance Storm, HHH in EC etc etc.

And EVERY time he interferes, he makes the wrestlers look weak and or stupid.

Imagine if Vince came down the ring every week and hit a finisher on Angle or Lesnar and left them laying in the ring while he drunk beer.

If Austin was wrestling and making guys job to him I'd say fair enough, but otherwise theres no comparison to be made here.
They ARE jobbing to him, just not in matches!! They're still taking his finisher and not getting anything back on him.

You wonder why Jericho's not in main events? Probably because non-wrestling co-GM's can hit them with one finisher and they're down!

Austin hasn't put a single person over or made them look good since he became co-GM. He's also wasted countless minutes of time on stuff that DOESN'T HAPPEN!!

Remember the "lines of defence" Bischoff set up? They spent all night talking about Austin and how they'd stop him, and at the last moment cancelled it all and let him drive to the ring!!

Clearly Austin just wants him name mentioning every 5 mins to keep people hearing it.

Ed

Alan

Ed have you lost the plot? At least Austin is entertaining... while youre at it, why not mention the TV time Vince hogs, the TV time Stephanie hogs and so on.

Simon beat me to the reply, and said most of what i wanted to.

Perhaps we have differing ideas of what's entertaining. I don't call using up 30mins of a PPV by showing about 10 scenes of him giving someone beer and food till he throws up as entertaining!!
Ed, do you call coming out each week, putting no-one over except his buddies, writing himself into storylines that make the most out of him, and jabbering like a gimboid for 20 mins entertaining? then yes we have different ideas of what is entertaining.

They ARE jobbing to him, just not in matches!! They're still taking his finisher and not getting anything back on him.
Right thanks to Mrs McMahons "ruling" he cant touch anyone unless he is physically provoked, which hasnt been too many people since has it? We aint seeing as many stunners lately, so he is obviously letting up!

DraVen

Originally posted by Ed_666
On the other hand, HHH makes every other wrestler out to be better than him, thus making them look good.
ROTFLMMFAO :lol:

Are you serious? Who has he made look good? He made Booker, RVD, Kane and Maven look like pissants, when three of them were ready for a main event title run and one was and still is on his way to a strong mid-card status (say what you will, but Maven knows the fundimentals well and is working hard to improve). He couldn't carry Steiner or Nash like good wrestlers can. Hell, Test carried Steiner better. He gave Hurricane a bit of offense and made him look ok, but most of that is credit to The Rock, who made Helms look like a star (not that Helms isn't great by himself.. but it's always nice to receive a rub). He had "good" battles with HBK, due to HBK and the aura around his return, and has been pretty worthless over the year.

Now I'm not saying Austin is any better. I for one am pigsick of seeing Coach, Snow, Lawler, JR, and Austin getting loads of TV time. The Bischoff/Austin feud is good and all, seeing how they have great chemistry, but don't make it the centrefocus. I agree that Austin takes up a lot of TV time.

But to say HHH helps his opponents is just funny as f*ck.

Ed_666

Originally posted by draVen
ROTFLMMFAO :lol:

Are you serious? Who has he made look good? He made Booker, RVD, Kane and Maven look like pissants,

[snip]

But to say HHH helps his opponents is just funny as f*ck.
See, this is the sort of rubbish which spoils lists.

I gave my opinion, and I BACKED UP WITH EVIDENCE.

Draven then posts, laughs at me, and posts sweeping remarks about what HHH has done, without ANY notes as to what he means.

The main reason for this is there isn't any evidence of him treating RVD Kane or Booker T that way, so he just laughs and spouts random sentences as if they're facts that we all know.

Needing Flair's help and a sledgehammer to beat people makes them look good. So what did he do to make them look bad?

Ed

DraVen

Sorry, I so remember you saying how he made all his opponents look good...

oh wait, NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

DraVen

How did he make them look bad?

- Lack of offense.
- Making himself look indestructable during the buildup while his opponents looked like imbeciles (see Kane and Booker T - as much as the storylines were writers ideas, HHH controls how he acts, and he showed no signs of typical heel weakness like all good heels do (except when Steiner, Nash and Michaels were involved).
- Kicking out of finishers and nailing one of his own finishing moves to win it no questions asked. Thats how you book a face, not a heel. A combination of his fault and the writers.

How did he make them look good?
- He was in the ring with them and "gave them the rub".

Doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

Seabass

Winner of the TWO Prediction League 2002-03

Needing Flair's help and a sledgehammer to beat people makes them look good. So what did he do to make them look bad?
made Booker T lay down for like 20 secs after HHH hit the pedigree, while HHH was crawling, then HHH pinned him w/o Booker T kicking out (wouldn't have a problem with this, except Booker T hit his finiaher, and only got a near count)

Katie Vick Stroyline.... nuff said

put steiner in horrible segments

one shot with the sledgehammer and Goldberg is down...no way i ain't buying it

also, by saying HHH always hits people...your saying HHH is an ineffective champion...god i just repeated myself

Joe Reilly

The main reason for this is there isn't any evidence of him treating RVD Kane or Booker T that wayEd
Ed, wake up, when did he make Booker T look good?

He buried Booker T in the worst way possible at WM! Don't invent arguments just to prove your point!

HHH kicked out of everything Booker T had, while Booker T didn't get to kick out of a pedigree followed up by a really long crawl by HHH before the pin!

Think before you make a point!

Simon

Jeez Ed, are you an Illegitimate child of a clique member?

Booker T had everything a WWE star needed, the look, the stupid catchphrases etc... unless you hated the Rock I don't understand where you are coming from.

The business needs a new Rock but how are they supposed to get one when any candidates are being humiliated?

Alan

The business needs a new Rock but how are they supposed to get one when any candidates are being humiliated?
There wont be another Rock while there is someone like HHH near as damn it running Raw! anyone who gets even the slightest bit close to Hunters status and position on the card, he does his best to put them back down. RVD and Booker T are prime examples!

Ed_666

Booker T had everything a WWE star needed, the look, the stupid catchphrases etc... unless you hated the Rock I don't understand where you are coming from.
What about wrestling moves? Doesn't he need them too?

Rock, (whilst being mega-overbooked) at least had some wrestling moves, and knows how to generate excitement.

If you need an example, watch WM-X7 and see his match with Hogan. Neither are great wrestlers, but the match is superb.

Booker T on the other hand has one thing going for him, and that's the spinaroonie. His mic skills are nowhere near Rock's, and 95% of his moves are kicks.

In fact he often manages a whole match with one wrestling move in it.

Say what you want about A-Train or Big Show being crap, but at least they USE wrestling moves!

Ed

Ed_666

Originally posted by Joe Reilly
HHH kicked out of everything Booker T had, while Booker T didn't get to kick out of a pedigree followed up by a really long crawl by HHH before the pin!
Now according to you all, that's the exception that proves the rule.

HHH spent the whole fued with Booker T dodging him (as he did with Kane, RVD and everyone else), and running away from him.

Then one thing happens, and you claim this invalidates all the good work he did?

The theory that HHH did it on purpose to bury Booker T is frankly idiotic. Why did he need to bury him? He was beating him anyway! And he wasn't going to continue fueding with him, so it made no difference.

Do you think Vince would allow HHH to bury other people, thus making the company worse off?

There are three reasons why that slow pinfall happened, and they are:

1) Booker T was supposed to kick out, but was injured.
2) Booker T was supposed to kick out, but there was a miscommunication.
3) That's how Vince booked it, to show what a gruelling match it was.

Anything else is just silly.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.