Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Greatest WWE champions

Bookerman

i just wondering who you all thought is the greatest wwe champions and why

WWE Champion -
Well it was close but i went for Stone Cold Steve Austin as he was the one who draged wwe out of a slump

WWE Intercontental Champion -
The Rock (heel) the ic title was really in a slump at the time and Rock came alone and made the belt mean somthing again

WWE Tag Team Champions -
well im really dont know who to pick here so im just going to say the British Buldogs

WWE European Title -
well dose it matter?well the only person in the wwe who made this belt mean anything is D Lo

WWE Hardcore Title -
For me it got to be RVD as he turned the belt to mean somthing enstead of the title changing hands on ever single night

WWE Lightweight/Crusierweight Champion -
ER Gillberg:rolleyes2: na if i had to pick it would be Tajir

WWE Womans Title -
take you pick cause the all sucked but if i had to choose it would be Madusia

Craig Van Dam

WWF/WWE Champion-It was also a hard choice but i picked Hulk Hogan

I.C Champion-They has been a lot of great champions in the past so it was a tough choice and im probably gonna get a lot of stick for this choice but for me it was Jeff Jarrett as he held it the most time(6)

Tag Team-Again tough choice but im gonna say The New Age Outlaws

European-Easy choice here Dlo Brown as he made that belt look so good

Hardcore-Not sure cos they have been too many c hampions but if i have to choose id say RVD he brought credibility back to that belt last year

Lightheavyweight/Crusierweight title-Errrrrrrrrr Gillberg of course :rolleyes2: seriously though id say Taka the 1st champion

Womens-Probably Madusa/Alundra Blayze

Rudi El Fire

WWE Champion - The Rock. A collosal draw, a showstealer and always did what was best for the business ahead of himself.

Intercontinental - Double J Jeff Jarrett

Tag - Edge and Christian

European - Davey Boy Smith (when he was first given it and could still perform)

Hardcore - RVD (closely chased by Cactus Jack and Raven)

Light/cruiser - TAKA Michinoku in the modern era; though didn't the original Tiger Mask wear the first version of the belt way back in the WWWF era?

Womens - Did Bull Nakano ever lift the title during her feud with Alundra Blayze? If so, Nakano, just because I long harboured a crush on her (there, I said it! :D ). If not, I have to say Trish Stratus, because she has made the effort to learn to wrestle and work hard in her matches in addition to working the t&a factor.

Tajiri

WWE Champion - Steve Austin, he's the biggest drawing champion ever (well untill Rock passes him which wont be to far off) and was one of the biggest reasons for the "boom" period of wrestling between 1998 and 2001

Intercontinental - Bret Hart, fantastic worker, Steamboat and Savage also were very important for the IC title as there match at Mania 3 really made the title stand out.

Tag Team Championship - Edge and Christian, these to really stood out both as heels and faces when the tag division was at it hottest.

European - D'Lo, about the only who did anything with the title were before it had really just been a trophy for Davey Boy, HHH and Shance McMahon.

Hardcore - RVD, he made the title seem important.

Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight - TAKA Michinoku, kicked of the 97 division very well but then WWE lost interest. Sayama held the WWWF Junior Heavyweight title.

Womens - Alundra Blayze, was in better matches than most men in 94 to 95 and was involved in one of the highlights of the Monday Night Wars when she tossed the title in the trash on the first Nitro.

Anime Otaku

WWE champion - oooh toughy, austin rock and hogan (when he started) are all great but i'll go for HHH.... only kidding i say the rock.

IC title - Bret hart... i'm a hitman mark :D

Euro title - i found Al snows Gimmick with this title ( coming to the ring in a way that reflected a stereo type of a european country) quite amusing

women's title - i don't remember any of the old champs so i'll have to say either trish or molly. Probably trish as she has held it the most of the modern divas

tag team title - hard one again..... E&C reeked of awesomeness and the dudleys were good too i'll say the dudley.

Cruiserweight - hmmm at the moment i'dsay tajiri... until they put the strap on rey rey.

Hardcore - RVD it has to be as when he was champ he stole the show every time even PPV's with good main events, if HBK hadn't been in the elimination chamber, and HHH still was willing to lose the belt, he would have won it i reckon.

mikebish2002

WWE Champion- Hogan/SCSA hard one, but Hogan for carrying the ball big time through the eighties and ninties. SCSA cos he, as Bookerman said carried the WWE out of the slump

I/C title- I went for Perfect here closley run in with Hart, one the best technical matches ever when Bret won it, but if i was pushed then i would have to say the title looked better around Perfects waist than anyone.

TAG Champs- Harts or the Bulldogs pure class.......

Jung

Right...

World: I will say Bret Hart, something about his 92/93 run I really enjoyed, how he would fend off all comers witht he Sharpshooter after a great match. Ah the memories.

IC has gotta be The Honky Tonk Man. Just priceless.

Euro I'd say D-Lo Brown, he actually made the belt mean something with his enthusiasm for it and his matches.

Tag Title, I'd say Edge and Christian. Through all the great matches, great promos, great kazoo playing, they carried those belts in an unmistakable fashion.

Hardcore, yeah I'll go with RVD, he gave the belt prestige again, by making the matches seem entertaining, and fresh.

Womens title erm Jazz, just mainly cause she was the first one to continually have above average matches.

Cruiserweight, wow a lot of competition. I'll just say Malenko, cause well he's Malenko.

Jerichoholic

WWE Champion:
Chris Jericho, the king of the world!

The Rock cos his IC title reign really elevated him.

WWE Tag Team Champions -
The Dudley Boyz, they are the best tag team to have graced WWE in the past decade!

WWE European Title -
British Bulldog, cos he was actually european!

WWE Hardcore Title -
Crash Holly, he made the Hardcore division entertaining to watch.

Tajiri.

WWE Womans Title -
Trish, cos shes come along way in the ring and has improved a lot since getting a reign as champion.

The Genetic Jackhammer

wwe champ - The Undertaker - Ministry gimmick

ic champ - Kurt Angle/The Rock/Jericho

Euro champ - Mideon

tag champs - Edge & Christian

Hardcore champ - Hardcore holly/crash holly/rvd/raven

lightweight champ - taka/noble/tajiri

womens champ - Molly Holly

Last edited:

Peter K

WWE Champion/WWE World Heavyweight Title
For me, its Stone Cold Steve Austin circa 1998, he truly was a great champion.
As for World Heavyweight Title, it have to go to Scott Steiner who really brought meaning and value to the title in the final days of WCW.

WWE Intercontental Champion
Without a doubt, The Rock circa late 1997 to 1998, he was just marvellous playing the cocky heel who can rile up crowds just doing his arrogant pose (watch The Rock in 1998 and you will know what I mean)

WWE Tag Team Champions/WWE Tag Team Championship
Only one contender = New Age Outlaws
As for the new title, Los Guerreros Eddie and Chavo are simply brilliant, do anyone here remember the skit in where Eddie ends up kissing Chavo's behind and Chavo thought it was Edge!
That was in September mind.

WWE European Title
Al Snow! his european gimmicks whilst champion was hilarious (remember his Italian gimmick at Unforgiven 2000?)

WWE Hardcore Title
Crash Holly! he was top class in 2000 when the Hardcore Title was the coolest title around with many changes in a single night, brilliant piece of booking!

WWE Lightweight/Crusierweight Champion
Lightweight: Gillberg he was quite funny being clumsy and a poor imitation of Goldberg shame WWE didn't develop his persona more.
As for the Cruiserweight title, Rey Mysterio in WCW days was a worthy champion do anyone find his 6-1-9 finisher cool?

WWE Womans Title
Trish Stratus without doubt, she brought prestige to the title.

sam bird

WWE Champion -
Bruno Sammartino.Although 'Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers was offically the first,Sammartino takes it for me.

Super over in the Northeast territtory at the time,he is hugely responsible for getting the company over in the first 18 years of it's existence,the longest Heavyweight Champion in company history and deserves great credit at that feat.

In fact,he was so over (during the time when wrestling was mainly presented as a serious persuit and mainly targeted towards adults) that when he lost his first WWWF Heavyweight Title,a decent amount of people in the crowd were actually crying.
Now that says something.

Simply put: He was not only over but also greatly instrumental in paving the way for the ''Hulkamania'' and 'Attitude' boom periods.

Undecided between Pat Patterson,Curt Hennig,Bret Hart,Shawn Micheals.

WWE Tag Team Champions -
Can't really decide.

WWE European Title -
My choice would lie somewhere with these men: Davey Boy Smith,Shawn Michaels,Owen Hart,D'Lo Brown.

WWE Hardcore Title -
God knows?! I'd say Mick Foley or Crash Holly for sheer comedy value and Rob Van Dam for returning some 'credibility' and attention and heat to the belt.

Taka Minchinoku?!

WWE Womans Title -
Although it's rarely meant anything I'd say The Fabulous Moolah and/or Wendi Richter (when the Title did have some attention and meaning to it).

Last edited:

Shibby

WWE Champion -
The Undertaker, hes Shibby!

Razor Ramon

WWE Tag Team Champions -
The Hardy Boyz or Money INC.

WWE European Title -
Bulldog

WWE Hardcore Title -
Man Beast Rhyno!

Tajiri

WWE Womans Title -
Jacquline.

Sabba Simba

WWE Champion -

Tempted to say Big Show, but it has to be Hulk Hogan, as he made wrestling mainstream.

Randy Savage because he did so much for the belt, and was a tremendous all rounder.

WWE Tag Team Champions -

Hart Foundation. Great matches, and a ton of charisma.

WWE European Title -

British Bulldog. The first champion and he did a great job of making sure it stayed a semi-important belt for a few years at least.

WWE Hardcore Title -

Big Show. Come on, he had to be the best champ at something. :)

Not one of my favourite championships, but I'll pick Tajiri.

WWE Womans Title -

Trish, because she's worked really hard in an attempt to be taken seriously.