Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Got a day without wifi

Lunatic

Recently got a day without wifi and life couldn’t be harder when you work from home during this corona thing. Just realising how much we are relying on technology. Having no internet during this critical time is indeed pretty tough. I wonder what will you guys do if there is no wifi?

lymmo

We are so reliant on technology and being always online that slow internet, let alone a lack of it, can push us to limits. Though these cases are few and far between, I either grab a book or take a walk whenever there is no WiFi.

Jordaci

Great question! I think it would be great for my mind and soul! I'd take a long drive, hike through the woods or maybe read a book. To shut the world out for a day would be great.

RandyW

It sure would be tough right now for a lot of people. Most schools are shut down and a lot of kids are learning on their tablets.

For me, it would be just fine. I am not online all too often.

Snarky-Guru

I guess I'd turn my phone into a hotspot and just use that. My Wi-Fi provider is different than my mobile phone provider so hopefully one will work if the other doesn't.

Can you imagine working for the IT department when something like that goes wrong during the pandemic? You'd have to talk the person through the troubleshooting process over the phone. I can't imagine the frustration that would create on both ends, especially if the person doesn't know much about technology - or knows too much. I wonder which is worse?

DandyMandy

I can't work without the internet, so it would be a problem.
@Snarky-Guru That sounds like a nightmare. The IT folks where I work have been making house calls while the staff is working from home. They're considered essential workers. I've heard that neither side is happy about the increased exposure.