Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Google Stadia to be Released on 11/19

North

A new platform is coming. Stadia will only have a few games to start with, and one of them is an exclusive title for now. I'm quite surprised to find "heavy" games on the list of the upcoming titles, such as Final Fantasy XV, but we'll see how it rolls.

jack25

Google's stadia launch date is just a week away. However, some critics are claiming that the 12-game launch lineup, is a weak offering. Is this the future of gaming where there will be no need for expensive consoles or regular PC upgrades?

ShadowEdge

I'm not interested in owning a gaming device like this, but I bet others are and I'm curious to see how quickly these sell. I think most game developers try to make their games compatible with as many devices as possible, so I'm not surprised about Final Fantasy unless it's a Google Stadia exclusive.

North

Google's stadia launch date is just a week away. However, some critics are claiming that the 12-game launch lineup, is a weak offering. Is this the future of gaming where there will be no need for expensive consoles or regular PC upgrades?
Well, for a new gaming platform, I'd say it's a decent starting point. At least there is also a list of upcoming games, and some are popular titles as well, so it's a nice start to gain traction. Since most platforms want to evolve in games they can handle, I don't think we can really avoid upgrades, but that's still a long way to go.

Snarky-Guru

I'm more interested in the upcoming PS5, so I'll sit Stadia out. I'm shocked that they aren't including more games though. Perhaps they're launching too early.