Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Google or DuckDuck Go?

jack25

I logged into the most popular search engine (your guess is as good as mine), and typed, "Is Google the best search engine?" I didn't expect a less-than-perfect answer; that Google covers over 90% of the local market, and boasts outstanding features that make it stand out from the rest. DuckDuckGo claims not to track its users' data besides delivering results with high levels of data privacy. Which is which?

DandyMandy

I logged into the most popular search engine (your guess is as good as mine).
You don't know which one it was? I don't think I've ever logged into a search engine. Do you mean you logged into your Google account to run a search? I'm confused. I've been on conference calls all afternoon (yes, it's an off day) for work, so maybe my brain is fried.

Evelyn

The best search engine is subjective. Google is the best at pulling quick, relevant search results. It's the most widely used so of course it's good; Google siphons and hoards our data to create their algorithms. DuckDuckGo protects user privacy, but it only delivers so-so search results. Decide which one is more important to you.

coleman

Countless sites talk about how Google mines users' data and monetizes it, but I doubt if there is any other search engine that comes close to it. Almost everyone has a Gmail and YouTube account and uses Google as the default search engine.

Lunatic

I prefer Google because... there’s no other choices better than that. And I don’t think any search engine can perfectly protect your privacy. As long as you searched something online, the record is out there.

Spade

I don’t hear people using DuckDuckGo often. I don’t even know it that well personally as well. I just have doubts whether it is indeed as trustworthy and protective as it claims to be.