Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

GoldenEye 007

Ratings
Has anyone ever head of this video game that came out in 1997. I was just reading an article that credited the game with leading the way for first-person shooter games such as Halo and Call of Duty. It also featured split screens with up to four players. That's pretty advanced for 1997, wouldn't you say?

Ratings
Of course! It was one of the best games for the N64. It was such a big deal when it came out. Really, I think a lot of the games for the N64 were very advanced for their time. Nintendo has always been innovative that way.

Ratings
Has anyone ever head of this video game that came out in 1997. I was just reading an article that credited the game with leading the way for first-person shooter games such as Halo and Call of Duty. It also featured split screens with up to four players. That's pretty advanced for 1997, wouldn't you say?
Ok, now you've piqued my interest and I'll have to look for some information on it. Didn't realize there were first-person shooter games back then, much less 4-player, split screens. As @Sim-antics said, N64 has always been pretty advanced but never knew they were that advanced.

Ratings
Wow, you two are making me feel really old. That game was a staple of my childhood! You guys should play it if you can get your hands on it. It's a classic. It won't seem as exciting today as it was back then though...

Ratings
Wow, you two are making me feel really old. That game was a staple of my childhood! You guys should play it if you can get your hands on it. It's a classic. It won't seem as exciting today as it was back then though...
That would be cool to be able to see it in action. You're right that it probably won't seem as exciting as games that are currently out there but put in the context of the era it came from, it looks pretty awesome. It's like watching the original Star Wars and thinking how amazing the graphics were for something that came out in 1977.

Ratings
It's exactly like that. I don't know if people who grew up with the new Star Wars movies with all of their CGI could really appreciate just how cool the graphics of the originals must have been back in the '70s and early '80s. I don't even think I can fully appreciate it, honestly. Goldeneye should still be interesting for you since you can see where first-person shooter games started from, you know?