Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Go more often?

I've taken sporting events for granted. I rarely made the effort to buy a ticket and attend in person. Now that it's not an option, all I want to do is head to the stadium for a live game. I'll be making more of an effort in the future. Do you think you'll go more often when live sports kick up again?

RandyW

Probably not because I think the cost will be through the roof. I'd love to but I've got other things to buy. I bet a lot of people will though!

ShadowEdge

Probably not because I think the cost will be through the roof. I'd love to but I've got other things to buy. I bet a lot of people will though!
I'm in the South where things haven't changed as much, but I bet in some parts of the US people will be very reluctant to venture out where there'll be a big crowd. Even if it was perfectly safe to do so, it will take time to undo the physiological effects after distancing for so long. So I think tickets will be dirt cheap at first.

Rylan10

I think that people here in the UK are desperate to get back to normal. Already I have noticed that a lot of people seem to forget about social distancing, even though it is still in place. Football fans - a lot of them are so fanatical they will go through the turnstiles at the first opportunity.

KaliR

I think ticket prices for professional sports will be crazy high. People want to go, they will pay whatever to just go.
I know I want to go! I'll pay whatever to just go.

Hendo

When I used to go to football matches back in the 80's and 90's, it was crazy. At grounds like West Ham and Tottenham, when a goal was scored if you were standing in the terraces the crowd would surge and people would almost be on top of you. At least it is better organized now.