Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Gift cards: Yea or nay?

Rambler

Some folks find gift cards boring, impersonal, or both. I get it. But it just seems easier to know which businesses people like and with the cards, let them decide what they want from there.

It seems a bit lazy when you think about it since it requires no thought or effort to give a gift card. However, I'm not the best at gift giving and will fall back on cash if I truly can't think of anything else.

Classified

Like Rambler said, know a persons favorite store.

I look at it this way: I'm not just giving them a gift card, I'm giving them the gift called choice. I give the money, you choose the gifts. Everybody is happy.

Ogmore

I expect whoever I gift to be thankful and of course, it's the same for me. It's just manners. Who turns their nose up at a gift card?

whaleshark

I use every cent on them. I also like getting cards from places I don't normally visit, especially restaurants that I've always meant to try.

Greylien

Gift cards have long ago stopped being stocking stuffers. If you're out in a store shopping anyway, why not pick one up for that cousin a thousand miles away.