Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Game of Cricket

Ratings
I was scanning the TV lately and landed on a cricket match between India and England. India won the game and I try as much as I can figuring out how they play and score the game. The concept of the game is somewhat similar to baseball or softball, however, the scoring is what I cannot understand.

Ratings
The Basics - when the batsmen run between the wickets (stumps) that is one run (or point if you prefer). When they hit the ball the batsman can run as many times as they deem appropriate, so they could run once or twice or sometimes three or four times.

The rope around the edge of the field is called the Boundary. If the batsman hit the ball all the way to boundary without it hitting the ground you automatically get 6 runs (no need to run), if the ball reaches the boundary and bounces on the ground at least once you get 4 runs.