• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Friday 13th

Ratings
Today is Friday 13th, now I wouldnt call myself overly superstitious, but I have been known to avoid a ladder or two in my time.

I heard on the radio this morning that theres no room 13 in hotels (if anyone knows different and has stayed in a room 13, let us know as I'm just going by what I heard)

Theres no row 13 on an airplane....dont know about you but the last place i wanna be reminded about superstition is on a bleedin airplane!

According to the same radio programme the Chinese equivalent of our No.13 is No.4.......the presenter went on to say theres no No.4 on his Chinese take-away menu.

Now I dont know how much of that is actually true just thought it was kinda interesting seeing as it is Friday 13th.......

So my question to my fellow TWOers is are u superstitious?

Would you put anything important off because it was Friday 13th?...do you avoid walking under ladders?.....do you throw spilt salt over your shoulder?.....do you look out for Magpies?.....do you care if a black cat crosses in front of you or would you be just as happy if it sat there licking itself all day?

Last edited:

E2K

Ratings
I wouldn't really call myself OVERLY superstitious, and anything superstitious that I've ever done is more the result of being brought up that way e.g. I used to avoid walking under ladders for years and for some reason just stopped - and nothing bad's ever happened as a result. I wouldn't go around breaking mirrors though - and if I did happen to break one, I'd probably be a bit pissed off with myself.

DraVen

Ratings
I usually always walk under a ladder if I can, to little or no backlash.

As for Friday 13th, all I can say is that today I've finally formed some bearing of a six-pack, and received the new "The Cure" album. Not too unlucky I don't think :)

Cherry

Ratings
Mines been ok so far, no major disastors but having said that I do have to go to work in 15 minutes...

~Cherry, xxx

Goldy

Ratings
My house was number 13 originally but by the time I moved in it had been changed to 12A by somebody supersticious, I wouldn't of changed it myself but I never bothered changing it back either!

Today's been fine, apart from my french bread stick pressumably falling off the conveyer belt in the supermarket and when I got home I didn't have any french bread for tea! shocking stuff huh :p

Trash

Ratings
Has anybody has some really bad luck on a Friday the 13th? This is what happened to me.

So last Friday the 13th, 2 days ago, Me and my family we returning home from a holiday in St. Ives, Cornwall. 2 hours into the 10 hour trip back to Manchester, cruiising round a nice country bend the car bounces and a scrapping noise is heard emerging from behind. My brother points out that a wheel a spinning wildly beside us. It was then we realised the wheel off the trailer we were towing had snapped right off.
So we waited by the side of the road for 6 hours for the RAC to tell us that te trailer was not covered. Now thats efficiency.
So we had the trailer taken away by a hired tow truck to a local garage where they told us they could not fix it.
We ended up staying the night in a pub, while my Uncle drove 200 miles to us with a larger trailer to put our knacked one upon so we could tow them both home the next day.
We set off early and got back late yesterday.

The first lot of bad luck I have received on a Friday the 13th.
That experiance has changed my opinion about bad luck. No more walking under ladders to look all hard then.

Anybody else with a similar story?

HSM

Ratings
Friday the 13th was fun for me too. My scheduled flight from New York to London was cancelled which meant I had a layover in NY of 36 hours instead of 2.

Got a free flight out of it though.

Trash

Ratings
people's eyebrow, what the hell in that for your avatar?

I'm sure something like that has been in my nightmares in the past...

Bizare.

charlie

Ratings
My train got stuck behind a broken one about two steps away from the train station for nearly an hour on friday, that's the worst luck i've experienced on Friday 13th. I'm not a superstitious person, but I don't walk under ladders in case they fall on my head or some klutz drops a bucket on me.

Charlie, finally returning to TWO