Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Fox news versus CNN

Crompy

Anyone a news fan? If so, do you favor one station over another? They seem to tell such different stories of the same event. I prefer Fox News, CNN seems to be Trump haters. Thoughts?

Evelyn

I prefer the BBC, though it has its problems too. I can't say I'm fond of Trump beyond his appearances on reality television, but it doesn't much matter. I do wish news sources would keep things strictly factual and honestly, I think they've all failed at that.

I'm not much for watching the news. I used to but it's so gloomy anymore that I'd rather skip it. There is some good going on the world. It's a shame it rarely gets mentioned by news outlets.

DandyMandy

I prefer CNN's 20-minute news loop. I can get all the info I need for the day in a short amount of time. I've heard some people complain about their bias, but every independent watchdog group that monitors the news stations says that CNN is factual, neutral, and unbiased. I've fact-checked them too, and it always turns out correct. I only watch the basic news though. Fox always comes out as biased towards the conservative side in those studies. I haven't watched any of it though, and it might be perfectly fine. I vote and I get to know the candidates before voting, but I'm just not much for politics.

@Evelyn I adore the BBC too. I wish I could watch the BBC iPlayer.

KaliR

I check out Fox News and CNN online. I only watch Fox News. CNN is too "anti-Trump". It drives me crazy. I'm not the biggest fan, but he is our President. This is fairly new to me though, I used to watch CNN religiously about 2 years ago.

didge

Anyone a news fan? If so, do you favor one station over another? They seem to tell such different stories of the same event. I prefer Fox News, CNN seems to be Trump haters. Thoughts?
I have watched CNN for the longest time, and I am not so fond of Fox News because it is so pro-Trump. Could other 'smaller' channels be getting overshadowed by the major news outlets?

Crompy

I'm sure smaller stations are being overshadowed by the bigger ones. I never watch the local news anymore. I do agree that Fox News is "pro-Trump" but CNN is "anti-Trump".

ShadowEdge

I thought MSNBC was the supposed liberal news station and CNN was neutral while Fox favored the conservatives. That's what every independent study has come out saying. The Fox News creator admits that it was designed to be a propaganda machine for the right. I don't think it's a secret. I don't favor or avoid any news station or newspaper though. How can you ever compromise if you won't listen to the other side? How will you know whether they have good points or not? And it's a shame that any news station has a side really! It used to be just facts. What happened? Really, when did we become divided over news stations? Does anyone have insider info as to how we got here? I remember growing up and hearing the boring news each night. It was just facts.

Last edited:

Crompy

I ask that question all the time. How the heck can every station tell the same story in so many different ways? News is news.. it should be black or white, not grey. It's not like that though.