Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Founding Member

Mr.Windham29

So during the announcement of the nWo for the hall of fame, they mentioned Waltman as a founding member, he wasn't so you think he is going in due to his friendship with Hall and Nash. here's what wiki entry says-(joined on September 16, 1996, injured on the October 13, 1997 edition of Nitro, fired from WCW in March 1998)

Dust and Rust

So we have 2 options. He is either getting in due to inside connections, or because of his one year tenure in the sport. I have never heard of ANYone getting into a hall of fame after playing the sport for only 1 year.

Zack T

Yea but that year isn't the only year in X-Pac/Syxx/Sean Waltman's experience. Plus WWE isn't the same as other sports, so we can't necessarily use the same criteria for hall of fame inductions.

I do think this is just their way of making sure their buddy gets into the hall of fame, because I doubt that Sean Waltman's career on his own would do enough to get him in as a singles competitor. But he was a part of the 2 biggest factions in the attitude era, and that surrounded him by very high level main eventers. It's fine, throw him in there, give him his ring.

Now there's gonna be 6 2-Time HOF entries that I'm aware of: Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, and soon to be Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, X-Pac, and Hulk Hogan.

Last edited:

Mr.Windham29

Yea but that year isn't the only year in X-Pac/Syxx/Sean Waltman's experience. Plus WWE isn't the same as other sports, so we can't necessarily use the same criteria for hall of fame inductions.

I do think this is just their way of making sure their buddy gets into the hall of fame, because I doubt that Sean Waltman's career on his own would do enough to get him in as a singles competitor. But he was a part of the 2 biggest factions in the attitude era, and that surrounded him by very high level main eventers. It's fine, throw him in there, give him his ring.

Now there's gonna be 6 2-Time HOF entries that I'm aware of: Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, and soon to be Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, X-Pac, and Hulk Hogan.
Bret Hart also a two time hall of famer, solo and with Hart Foundation

coleman

The funny thing is that Waltman is not keen on being inducted into the HoF as a singles star. How would you perceive his desire to be a part of something 'bigger'?

Zack T

I'd imagine it's because he knows his singles career isn't really HoF worthy.

Dust and Rust

I wonder if he's conflicted about this, I know I would be. On one hand I know he wants the ring, but does he believe he's on the same level as other HOF'ers? I'm not saying he's not, I just wonder what HE thinks about it all?

Zack T

From a recent interview, Sean Waltman said this

"I have no desire whatsoever to stand up on that stage by myself and be inducted as a [single's wrestler]. To be a part of something bigger and greater than yourself is just an amazing feeling to me, and I don't need that. I don't need 'me, me, me', what about me? I got plenty of me," admitted Waltman. "I'm just happy to be a part of something greater than me."