• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Formula One still exciting?

Ratings
I am a big Formula One fan. I've watched it ever since I was little and my father would support Ayrton Senna. I still watch it now but I feel like the excitement is gone. I don't really have a favorite team or driver and I feel like the "quality" of the game has gone. What do you think?

Ratings
I have never been a huge fan of Formula 1 but in a way, the drivers are no longer regarded as heroes because there isn't enough risk associated with the sport anymore. With the sport being less dangerous now, other fans may regard it as being less fascinating. What would you attribute that to?

Ratings
The race is still exciting to watch, although I'm not watching it as often as I did when Schumacher was still the number 1 driver in F1 racing. Technology has made the race safer and the cars faster, but the skill of the driver remains the key factor in winning the race.

Ratings
I have never been a huge fan of Formula 1 but in a way, the drivers are no longer regarded as heroes because there isn't enough risk associated with the sport anymore. With the sport being less dangerous now, other fans may regard it as being less fascinating. What would you attribute that to?
This might actually be it. I am all for safer cars, but it seems like with all the technology, it is less exciting knowing that the skill is aided by great cars. I love the cars still, it's just less fascinating for sure.

Ratings
@Incredible Iron brings out a good point that despite technology bringing various changes to the game, individual brilliance still counts towards a driver's success. That is why each of us will always identify with certain drivers.