Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Food Waste

headrush

I can see it now: All this panic buying, leading to overstuffed refrigerators and pantries. Unless the shopper is really organized about expiration dates and what to eat when, lots of fruit, veg, bread, and meat will start going bad. Multiply that by who knows how many households. Garbage pickup may get busier than ever!

I did that when I went to the shops. It wasn't my proudest moment, but the shelves were getting pretty bare and I panicked. I took quite a bit of food to my parents just so it wouldn't go to waste.

Evelyn

There isn't much food in the shops to buy at all. And neither myself nor my flatmate know how to cook or have any cooking supplies for that matter, so we didn't buy any raw meat. I found some tinned food thankfully. We usually rely on takeaway, so we were wholly unprepared. The cats are all stocked up at least.

Boomer

At least in my town, shoppers seem calmer. Shelves look better now, food-wise. Eggs have disappeared, though, and there used to be too many of them before! Easter rush, maybe?

didge

At least in my town, shoppers seem calmer. Shelves look better now, food-wise. Eggs have disappeared, though, and there used to be too many of them before! Easter rush, maybe?
There was some panic buying around where I stay, then it stopped. I think some people figured out that it was best to hold it off for a while. It would be catastrophic if people ran out of what to buy!

Poppy

Easter rush, maybe?
Are egg hunts still going on? I suppose they could do it at home, but surely not in big groups. Perhaps you should raise chickens and attempt to rake it in on the egg black market (I could totally see that).