Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Fixing my fashion taste

Luna

I want to change my clothes collection at times, but I often lack the motivation to go hunt for new tops or mix and match my outfits to look different for an event. Is this something I can (and should) fix?

ShadowEdge

What about trying one of those subscription boxes that curate clothing? I'm sure each subscription is different, but I think a stylist usually picks something out for you based on your likes and dislikes. It would save you the hassle from shopping around.

Castle

How about inviting a friend or two to go shopping with you? They may give you the motivation to actually go out and purchase clothes. Furthermore, they can help you pick some outfits.

DandyMandy

Amazon has a program called Amazon Prime Wardrobe that might be worth a look if you're a Prime subscriber. You can order clothes, try them on, and send back what doesn't fit well or look right on your body. I like @Castle's plan, though. I can't pick out a decent outfit to save my life so I go shopping with friends. It's less of a pain that way and they've never steered me wrong.

Luna

What about trying one of those subscription boxes that curate clothing? I'm sure each subscription is different, but I think a stylist usually picks something out for you based on your likes and dislikes. It would save you the hassle from shopping around.
I thought those subscriptions were only for food. Clothes are too tricky because even if you can get the taste right, size is a whole other issue. Unless I can send the wrong clothes back like DandyMandy's example, it's such a risky purchase.

How about inviting a friend or two to go shopping with you? They may give you the motivation to actually go out and purchase clothes. Furthermore, they can help you pick some outfits.
That's possible. I guess I haven't really explored this option yet. My fashion taste doesn't really match my friends', and I don't like it when someone pushes their stylistic opinions on me. I'm worried the shopping session will turn into some ugly fights!

headrush

Luna, have you worn out everything in your closet and dresser? I get new ideas when I find old shirts or shoes that were hidden for months or even years.