Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Final ECW Discussion Thread - February 16, 2010 from Kansas City, MO

TPIB

Venue
Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO

Last week's edition of ECW scored a 1.0 rating, which is down from the previous week's 1.1 number.

Confirmed Matches/Events

ECW Championship: Extreme Rules:
Christian (c) Vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Miz & Big Show (c) Vs. Goldust & Yoshi Tatsu

Final Episode of ECW on Syfy

Dante Spears

The Miz will be mentoring AmDrag......yay?

I'm convinced that everyone who isn't Justin Angel or AmDrag (Who have been announced thus far) will be gone soon because they all look about as interesting as rice pudding.

Dante Spears

Better yet, why the f*** didn't they pair AmDrag with CM Punk? Or hell, Christian. Or even make him look like a big deal.

Oh god, ECW wrestler must be rolling around in their eventual graves to see that Tiffany incites the chanting of "ECDUB"

Last edited:

ViciousPrism

An ending I saw coming a mile away. A "heartfelt" speech about ECW's legacy and how he's fighting for the fans, the originals and all this hoo-hah bullsh*t, and then proceeds to lose to Big Zeke Jackson.

Cue laughing from Vinnie.

Dante Spears

Seems the ECW title was "deactivated". How hard would it have been to hold off for 5 weeks, give the title a send off at Wrestlemania? And you know start this NXT rubbish after Wrestlemania, when people are paying attention to wrestling.

ViciousPrism

Seems the ECW title was "deactivated". How hard would it have been to hold off for 5 weeks, give the title a send off at Wrestlemania? And you know start this NXT rubbish after Wrestlemania, when people are paying attention to wrestling.
Vince doesn't give a sh*t about ECW, thus no.

Dave7g

The Miz would benefit from this if it wasn't a work. Miz needs to get better in ring bad.

DraVen

And added to Miz teaching him how to have some charisma and cut a promo to look like a star, it's probably the best tandem they could have possibly come up with. Miz is a cocky charismatic heel on a roll right now, and Daniel Bryan is a supposedly fantastic worker - couple those two, let them learn each other's strengths to make themselves better, start a feud based on Bryan being able to outwrestle his mentor and Miz getting angry about it, and you're onto a winner.

I'm 100% all for this.

I am not, however, for Punk shaving the hair of his guy. His hair is too wonderful.

Dave7g

Carlito teaching anyone how to improve their wrestling skills may cause the world to stop turning.

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
Why hasn't Kaval (Low ki) on the list?
I believe he only just came back from a long term injury, so probably they want em to be fully fit and ready before calling him up to the roster. Plus i think they may use him for the imposter rey storyline (though nothing confirmed as of yet)

Jimmy Redman

Tiffany was easily the greatest thing about this show. What a spear. What a woman.

I enjoyed the show generally but hated the finish. I understand the point of giving the rub to Zeke of being "the last ECW Champion", but it would have been a hundred times better to just give the show a happy ending and close the book.

Cant wait for NXT though.