Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Films in other languages

Lunatic

There are some foreign films that I decided to rewatch recently.

L'ora legale (Translated as It’s The Law)
A comedy movie set in Sicily, Italy. Some politics, but watch it lightheartedly and you will find the movie very enjoyable.

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
Nothing better than watching a Christmas movie during Easter I guess haha. It’s actually a horror movie but it depends (in my personal opinion). And I think the overall message is pretty deep and meaningful. I really like it. Mainly in Finnish but it’s a world-wide movie, I believe.

didge

Well, did you use subtitles? I have never watched a film in a language I didn't understand, but I assume that you can still follow and enjoy it. Did you watch them online?

Lunatic

I watched with subtitles. I can hardly understand any Italian or Finnish honestly! The Finnish one is basically attached with subtitles because it’s a worldwide film.

Boomer

My subtitle confession: I like leaving on subtitles, even on English-language shows! There are many times when I can't catch what someone is saying (too mumbly, too fast, too soft-spoken).