Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

FIFA World Cup 2010 Draw

WAYNE

Ok, the draw is roughly 7 hours and 18 minutes away.

So here are the seeds...

Seedings
Pot 1 - South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain.

Pot 2 - Australia, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Honduras, Mexico, USA, New Zealand

Pot 3 - Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay

Pot 4 - Denmark, France, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Switzerland

Who will draw who? who will get the group of death? Which one of us can guess the most correct before it happens.

Mine...

Group 1 - Holland, Mexico, Cameroon, Greece

Group 2 - England, South Korea, Paraguay, Denmark

Group 3 - Argentina, Australia, Ivory Coast, France

Group 4 - Germany, Japan, Ghana, Serbia

Group 5 - Brazil, New Zealand, Uruguay, Slovakia

Group 6 - South Africa, North Korea, Nigeria, Slovenia

Group 7 - Italy, USA, Chile, Switzerland

Group 8 - Spain, Honduras, Algeria, Portugal

Have fun.

JamesMXPX

It's daft how we could end up with a totally horrible group (England, USA, Ivory Ghost, France) or an easy group (New Zealand, Algeria, Slovenia). Luck of the draw I suppose, I hope Brazil get drawn with an African team or Honduras and France get a difficult group (Argentina, USA, Cameroon).

Nimf

Subscriber
Can someone tell me, a football non-watcher, how do they do the draw itself? Are we talking eenie meenie mini mo or like bingo balls?

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Can someone tell me, a football non-watcher, how do they do the draw itself? Are we talking eenie meenie mini mo or like bingo balls?
Bingo balls.

I'm hoping France get the group of death and subsequently get knocked the f*ck out so I can laugh at them. All "my teams" are in seed 1, apart from America, so hopefully I won't be having to say goodbye to anyone I want to win too early.

Springsteen

A:

South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

B:

Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

C:

England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

D:

Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

E:

Holland
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

F:

Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

G:

Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal

H:

Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

Jayfunk

Finally! the dutch doesn't have a stupid group

Last edited:

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
GET IN! I can see America, England, Germany and The Netherlands all getting through the group stages.

The Bisch

I think the sight of John Smit going "eenie meenie mini mo" would have improved the spectacle 100% :)

Jayfunk

G:

Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal
The North Korean Leader is only going to play the good bits of the world cup, ha given that group there will not be any

4-0 Brazil
4-0 Portugal
2-0 Ivory Coast

i doubt they even will score :lol:

BRM

Forum Leader
Kim Jong Il dislikes North Koreas group.

More than happy with Englands group, and no disrespect to Ghana, Germany and Australia but any potential 2nd round match could of been alot tougther.

Anyway England v USA 12th June, looking forward to it.

Jayfunk

my very early predicts:

South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

B:

Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

C:

England
USA

Algeria
Slovenia

D:

Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

E:

Holland
Denmark

Japan
Cameroon

F:

Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

G:

Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal

H:

Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

Jung

I agree with you for most of that.

My disagreements are I think Nigeria or Greece instead of South Korea (who are very poor defensively), Ghana instead of Serbia, Paraguay instead of Slovakia and Ivory Coast instead of Portugal. Could potentially see Cameroon upset Denmark too.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
A:

South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

B:

Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

C:

England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

D:

Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

E:

Holland
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

F:

Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

G:

Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal

H:

Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

Y2James

I agree with Hancocks predictions except for Mexico over Uruguay and Cameroon over Denmark.

England should hopefully cruise that group with USA in second.

WAYNE

A:
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

B:
Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

C:
England
USA

Algeria
Slovenia

D:
Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

E:
Holland
Denmark

Japan
Cameroon

F:
Italy
Paraguay

New Zealand
Slovakia

G:
Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal

H:
Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

The GS

I know I'm Irish and I'm supposed to hate the English soccer team (and I kind of do) but I can see ye actually doing really well in the tournament.
I have a gut feeling that ye may win it.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Is any one else seeing the possible, if not likely, Argentina VS England semi-final?

It's always nice to see a nice big rivalry on the pitch. Hopefully I'll get to a Spain/Netherlands semi too, with the Dutch winning, of course, Dutch revolution style. Maybe even Germany VS France!

The near certainty of Germany against America and Germany against England makes me sad though =(

Jimmy Redman

You people just have no idea whatsoever. Ghana and Serbia aint got sh*t, because they're not Australian.

But seriously, not happy here, we have quite the tough group. I wouldnt expect to beat Germany and I cant be too confident about Serbia or Ghana either. However I think as long as we can score some goals against those two we can get through.

England, Italy and Spain look to have it fairly easy though.

Anime Otaku

I hope that England don't win, not just because I'm Scottish, but because the media would be even more insufferable than they usually are when the World Cup or Euro Championship comes around.
There's some slightly odd teams in there, mainly Slovakia and Slovenia who probably not get out the group sate, probably prop up their groups even.
I think I'll be supporting the Italians if I watch it, though I'll probably only watch slightly more than a North Korean. :D

The Beltster

I have a gut feeling that ye may win it.
:lol:lol:lol:

England wont win sh*t, they will choke as always.

I cant wait for the world cup though, so all the Scotts can become assholes as usual. "Oh, I hate England because of the MEDIA!" :rolleyes2:

Always makes me laugh, they love to blame the media, yet why would the media even come into it? Surely you are more mature than to base your opinion on somebody or something due to the f*cking media nonsese? I think its obviously deeper rooted than the media and the media is just a lame duck excuse for hating on the English team. Probably jealously because Scotland are and always are crap and dont get anywhere. Not the English' fault Scotland are shyte and there are FAR superior teams for you to be jealous about over crappy England :lol:

Also, you come to England during any international tourny and as long as they arent playing against England, the English fans will nearly always cheer on the Scottish, Irish or Welsh, at least in my experience.

Last edited: