Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Fear of (big) bugs

headrush

In late summer, crickets show up in my neighborhood. Sometimes, one jumps inside my place. I hate trying to get it to leave. Getting close to crickets and other large insects creep me the *bleep* out. I really should grow up about this. Do you get spooked by big bugs?

Zack T

Well, don't look at it as "needing to grow up". Fears aren't about your age or maturity. We all have things we're afraid of, and you're certainly not alone in this one.

I'm personally more annoyed by bugs getting inside my house than anything else, especially the big ones. Stupid june bugs for example, all summer I kept getting these stupid beetles getting inside and clumsily flying against my computer monitor but moving too fast for me to catch/smash them and I'd have to sort of chase them around for a minute til I got them. Or moths. Just annoying.

I used to have a big fear of spiders but I have managed to mostly reduce it. I still don't like spiders around, but I don't have nightmares about them anymore.

But I'm super scared of heights and falling (which is a fear we're born with, but it can be lessened or intensified) and I'm claustrophobic as well (though only for really tight enclosed spaces, planes or cars don't get me worked up unless I feel I have 0 control over the situation)

didge

I also fear heights and large pools of water, so I avoid scaling heights or getting near a swimming pool. Yes, there are fears you can overcome with some degree of effort, and this varies from one person to the next. To each their own!

Rambler

I have no issues with getting insects out of the house or whacking any that get too close. Reptiles are okay, too — I know that snakes are scary for many. One animal that weirdly freaks me out is the opossum. Something about the face?

Boomer

I like the sound of crickets but wouldn't want them landing on my lap. That would freak me out a little. Cockroaches are worse, IMO.

Lisa1217

Hey there, I am so sorry about your fear of Big bugs, I totally understand how you feel as I have suffered from this for a long time. I have the fear of spiders so I thought I would include a video to help to deal with such issues.

It's actually embarrassing as none of my friends or family have ever had the same issue. I would love to help you and tell you what I did to help me get over this fear.

I tried many different things and none worked as well

I actually came across a video on YouTube that I followed and it worked really well.

See Here

Click on the link above and when you get to the landing page, click where it says skip in so many seconds and then you will be sent to the YouTube video that will have the cure for you.

The best part is you don't need to buy anything just watch the video and follow the advice and tips it gives you.

Hope it helps, all the best!

Lisa