• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Fav Wrestlemania Poll + Where are they now?

Wrestlemania: Which one was your fav?

• WM1 - 1985

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WM2 - 1986

• WM3 - 1987

• WM4 - 1988

• WM5 - 1989

• WM6 - 1990

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • WM7 - 1991

• WM8- 1992

• WM9 - 1993

• WM10 - 1994

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • WM11 - 1995

• WM12 - 1996

• WM13 - 1997

• WM14 - 1998

• WM15 - 1999

• WM16 - 2000

• WM17 - 2001

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • WM18 - 2002

• Total voters
M

Max

Were are they now?

Don't you just hate it when a wrestler leaves without any notice!?
Were have they all gone,what happened to wrestlers like Scotty 2 Hotty,Grand master sexy,Val Venis,Essa Rios,Chyna,Road Dog all of them stars left without any notice well.......this is were they went.
Scotty 2 hotty:Has a serious neck injury
Grand master sexy:Went to NWA
Val Venis: Has only just recently left has gone to japanese wrestling.
Essa Rios:Spine injury
Chyna: Who Knows????????

Craig Van Dam

Ratings
Re: Were are they now?

Originally posted by Max
Don't you just hate it when a wrestler leaves without any notice!?
Were have they all gone,what happened to wrestlers like Scotty 2 Hotty,Grand master sexy,Val Venis,Essa Rios,Chyna,Road Dog all of them stars left without any notice well.......this is were they went.
Scotty 2 hotty:Has a serious neck injury
Grand master sexy:Went to NWA
Val Venis: Has only just recently left has gone to japanese wrestling.
Essa Rios:Spine injury
Chyna: Who Knows????????
Errrrrrrrrrm Val Venis is Chief Moreley now aint he?

And to reply to the pool I picked Wrestlemania X-7 in 2001 the show was full of great matches such as Austin Vs Rock , Taker Vs HHH TLC 2 Angle Vs Benoit and Vince vs Shane by far the best Wrestlemania ever

Chyna - is wrestling in Japan under her real name (Joanie Laurer), having split with the WWE over arguments about money and failing in various endeavors elsewhere in the US entertainment business since.
Grand Master Sexay (Brian Lawler) - Was abruptly fired by WWE after being busted for drug posession in Canada. His timing, right as influential uncle Jerry Lawler walked out in a major spat with WWE management, did not help one bit.
Essa Rios - Suffered in the WWE style because he didn't speak English; hence no real angles were created for him, hence no loose ends to tie up before he was quietly sent packing.
Val Venis - Had his gimmick screwed with so many times, culminating in former nickname "The Big Valbowski" becoming his regular ring name (smell the money!), before becoming 'Chief' Sean Morley.
Road Dogg (James Armstrong) - No idea, I was wondering myself.. did he ever show up in NWA/TNA? Last seen in the WWE tagging with K-Kwik (Ron 'The Truth' Killings), his trademark New Age Outlaws mike skills having been developed into a particularly nasty demonstration of everything that is wrong with rapping babyface wrestlers (though narrowly missing out on toppling Men On A Mission as the kings of Crap Rap Babyfaces).
Scotty Too Hotty - You said it; broken neck. Last seen being mullered by Albert, who'd got fed up of dancing as the "Hip Hop Hippo".

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Both Brian Lawler and BG (Road Dogg) Jammes are in NWA TNA.

Essa Rios is back in Mexico again as Mr Aguila, as I'm sure Pab will tell you.

Jung

Ratings
Road Dogg was last seen in NWA-TNA as B.G James, Essa is currently working down in Mexico, Killings in TNA, Scotty didn't break his neck just suffer the same injury as Benoit, Rhyno, Austin, Angle etc.,

Ratings
Sting: Currently plying his trade in WWA in what is assumed is a precursor to a run in WWE.

Lex Luger: As above, Luger has also bulked himself up to well over 300 lbs (and is bigger than ever), in an attempt to get back in WWE. Bland,uncharismatic and a tedious performer, it is unlikley the WWE will come a calling.

Road Dog: Currently wrestling in NWA:TNA as B.G.James. Recent photo's have shown him to be looking over 50 and knackered.

Jeff Jarrett: in NWA:TNA.

Scott Hall: Was`last seen in NWA:TNA

K-Kwick: NWA:TNA as Ron Killings.

Mike Awesome: Back in Japan as former gimmick THE GLADIATOR

Raven: Gone to NWA: TNA

D'Lo Brown: Off to NWA:TNA

X-Pac: Working as Synxx-Pac has been doing dates in Japan,NWA:TNA and Indy's.

Mick Foley: Inactive, retired at present.

Tatanka: Same image,style and look as 93 (looks no different), works every low key gimmick orientated show he can get (has worked All Star in Britain recently)

David Flair: Has been doing NWA:TNA and Indy's (eg All Star in Britain)

Sid Viscious: Badly injured leg,wrestling career is presumed over. Last seen working WWA as a commisioner.

Marty Jannetty: Last seen jobbing in the now defunct XWF.

Virgil: As above.

Rick Steiner: Working dates in Japan.

GOLDBERG: Has worked a few dates in Japan.Presumed WWE bound.

Marcus Alexander 'Buff'Bagwell: WWA regular.

Ludvig Borga: Failed in early days UFC fights,has worked limited dates in Japan and has been boxing professionally as well.

Essa Rios: Back in Mexico under old gimmick.

Earthquake: Has worked a few dates in Japan recently.

Ted Dibiase: Last seen promoting a Christian wrestling show?

Jerry Lynn: WWA and Independant scene regular (has recently been seen working for the FWA).

Ultimate Warrior: Last seen in 1998 (5 years ago) in ill-fated WCW run. Has not wrestled since,although rumblings on website show that he is still active although not wrestling.

Vader: Japan.

DraVen

Ratings
I've edited the poll and thread title to save confusion :)

As for the poll, I'd go for either 6 or 14. 14 was the big event that pretty much kicked off the most successful boom period in the WWF. But 6 was my first ever WWF event and still reigns in my heart, so for poll purposes, WM6 gets my vote :thumbup2:

Another vote for Wrestlemania 2000, it has a great build up for the main event and of course Angle vs Jericho vs Benoit was great.

And talking of Wrestlemania, does anyone know what happened to the Wrestlemania history site?

AJ_Styles

for the Poll I picked WM10 Bret vs Owen is one of my alltime Fav Matchs

Tatanka-is in CZW he wrestled at there last show

Credable-Is the XPW World Champion&PWF World Champion

Xpac-is Now useing the name X and is the XPW TV Champion

Mike Awesome- is in MLW

Dlo-Probally end up in NWATNA

B2-Same as Dlo

Roadogg-is in NWATNA useing the name BG James

GodFather-WWA and I heard he might come back to the WWE

Perry Saturn-Unknown but I would love to see him in XPW or CZW

David Flair-NWATNA

Eric Watts-NWATNA

JJ-NWATNA

ESSA-Mexico

Ryan Shamrock-Dont know but damn she was a Hottie

Jung

Ratings
Godfather won't come back to WWE, Awesome is mainly working in All Japan, Saturn is working for New Japan, Ryan was last seen in TNA, as for Credible, I don't think he is XPW Champ, last I remember.

K.J

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
Originally posted by Rudi El Fire

Grand Master Sexay (Brian Lawler) - Was abruptly fired by WWE after being busted for drug posession in Canada. His timing, right as influential uncle Jerry Lawler walked out in a major spat with WWE management, did not help one bit.
Isn't Jerry Lawler, Brian Lawlers father and not his Uncle as was stated above?

Also I went for WM 10, it was a fantastic show with Bret vs Owen, Razor vs HBK Ladder and Adam Bomb vs Earthquake. :thumbup2:

DraVen

Ratings
Indeed KJ, Jerry is Brians daddy.

And AJ, Shane Douglas is XPW champion. He defends against Justin Credible tonight at an XPW show. I am on XPW's website now and it clearly states in the ratings that Shane Douglas is the World Champion, with Pac (Sean 'Syxx/X Pac' Waltman) as number one contender. And head over to Wrestlezone for clear news that Douglas (champion) will defend against Credible. The picture you are referring to has a question mark next to it, so obviously he isn't 100% champion yet.