• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Fantasy league

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
Hi - sorry for the delay, I'm just really busy at the moment. I did want to try and launch a new season around this time but I've not had much time to keep up with WWE lately. I would like to start a new season soon, it just depends on if I can find the time to fit it in. With the amount of WWE programming, it's difficult to keep on top of it all for the league as well as my other duties/commitments. Hopefully, I'll be able to sort something out soon as Mania season is usually my favourite time to play :p

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
Thanks for the offer @lonewanderer but I don't think there is at the moment. I'm trying to adjust the way I work on the websites to give me more time during the week, which should allow me to watch WWE and update the points during the season.

Zack T

Ratings
116 1
I run my own mini fantasy league on another forum, it's a much different style than yours. But honestly, I haven't regularly watched Raw/Smackdown since about Summerslam time last year. Once in awhile I do, but I really only watch the PPV's now and just read results so I keep up with the stories and results and I can update my own league correctly.

That's a bit faster...cause yea, there's just so much to watch and not enough time in the week.

I still keep up with NXT though, I watch every episode of that. Usually I wait until the week of Takeover and binge NXT all at once :p

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
Have to admit it can be a chore sometimes, especially when there isn't much excitement in the product. Although I find I always enjoy it a little bit more during the FWL season as I'm always thinking about the points :D

Ratings
Its a full time job to be a wrestling fan these days.
I try to watch Raw on tues morning before work, Smackdown Weds before work, then 205, Nxt and NXT UK on thursday evening after work. Takeovers i can normally watch live as they are on Saturday night and no work on Sunday. Any WWE PPV has to be watched after work on Monday evening. I do try and watch Impact aswel but thats more of an have it on in the background while im doing the dishes or something like that.

I think part of the reason that it seems like the WWE are losing viewing figures is because there is so much to see that people think that they cant keep up and eventually just stop trying.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
217 3
I think part of the reason that it seems like the WWE are losing viewing figures is because there is so much to see that people think that they cant keep up and eventually just stop trying.
I think that's a great point. The regular programming needs a huge commitment in itself then when you add it the specials like Mixed Match Challenge, United Kingdom Championship Tournament, Mae Young Classic, the foreign super-shows etc, it's overkill to keep up to date with everything.