Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Facebook's new focus on Groups.

Chuckyy

I'm curious what everyone thinks about all the new Facebook updates that have been happening. They're really trying to emphasize that they want people to use Facebook to connect with small groups of like-minded people. It's smart for them to distance themselves from the previous mission of having your every action broadcast to 1000s of people but I think it may be too little too late. No one is going to believe a word Zuckerberg says, in fact, I read that the audience laughed at him when he said Facebook is concerned with privacy.

Ogmore

Regardless of the groups, I don't for a second think that our data isn't being harvested to feed the beast. As far as I know, selling access to their users' private messages was unheard of before Facebook. A company that does that is rotten at the core.

DandyMandy

Many of my favorite groups have been shut down. I don't buy the alleged privacy push. They want to know about our shopping and dating behavior. That screams data harvesting to me.

Greylien

I read that the audience laughed at him [ Zuckerberg ]when he said Facebook is concerned with privacy.
I believe him.. Security concerns him because security is the one thing that could bring his empire to a screeching halt.

Now.....doing something is different that being concerned about something.

Chuckyy

Totally agree, Greylien. He only cares about how much it's going to hurt his bottom line. He had no problem selling off everyone's info for the past decade but now suddenly it's near and dear to his heart to protect user data. I don't buy it.