• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Explaining Things To Toddlers

Ratings
My 3-year old son asked me where I came from because I told him that he came out from his mommy's tummy. So I told him that I came from his nana's tummy. He then told me that he will also make a baby from his tummy. It was a good laugh from everyone who heard it, but he was serious about what he said and was embarrassed after everyone laughed.

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
I have a 4 1/2 year old son and it's fun to explain things, and listen to their own explanations or imaginative ideas.

I mostly enjoy the constant stream of "Why?" that happens after so many things I say, cause I like explaining things and teaching him. My son has done that too, where he said he was going to have a baby and he told me I was going to have a baby in my tummy too. I tell him boys just don't have room in their tummy for babies, only girls do, but I think he just doesn't want to believe that he can't do something yet :p

Ratings
The non-stop "why's" can sometimes be amusing or irritating, depending on the mood I'm having at that moment. There were times when I told him that "you will understand when you grow up" and then he would immediately ask "why?". That question is even harder to explain.