Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Explained

Ratings
Has anyone been watching the new Netflix series Explained? It's a documentary series that covers random topics in short, bite-sized episodes. Unlike most Netlfix shows, the entire season isn't available right away. Instead, they release a new one every Wednesday. I randomly decided to give the K-pop episode a shot and it was great! I'm going to go through and watch all of the ones they have available now. I like how they aren't sticking to a theme; the topics are quite varied so far.

Ratings
I'm watching the series too. I'm glad it's not bingeable too; I remember more when I have time to mull it over and let things sink in. The K-pop thing was eye-opening, especially since so many fans don't speak Korean. Another excellent spot was about cryptocurrency. It was informative, but it didn't go deep into "bro speak". I hope that makes sense.

Ratings
I'm glad it's not binge-able too. I wouldn't get as much out of it if I crammed multiple episodes' worth of information in at once. I thought it was interesting that there was so much math and science involved in K-pop. They've really turned science into an art. (Or is it the other way around?) I enjoyed the cryptocurrency episode too! Ha, yes, I know what you mean. I like that none of these episodes goes too deep into the lingo. They make the information accessible to the everyday (wo)man. I really enjoyed the most recent one on exclamation points. I would never have thought of that as a potential subject for a docuseries, but it was highly interesting.