Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Even at $5 Apple Arcade seems lame

ShadowEdge

Have you checked out Apple Arcade? It's their new gaming subscription service set to compete against all the other gaming subs out there. It's super cheap and the service will launch next week with over 100 games. That doesn't matter though, since most of the games are either incredibly lame or they're available on every other platform and streaming service. The two big games that Apple keeps mentioning are an updated, exclusive Frogger and a new Sonic the Hedgehog. It's hard to get excited about that.

What do you guys think about Apple Arcade? Am I missing something? Is anyone planning to subscribe? I'd love to hear how it goes.

Zack T

I've heard about it, but I don't have any plan to subscribe. I just don't care. But if that's all they're offering, they better step it up because that won't be enough to entice a lot of people. It might get Sonic fans, or casual gaming people who like to play games for short bursts while waiting in a lobby or something, but otherwise it seems pointless.

North

Is there a complete list of games available on Apple Arcade? I just want to get a better view of the service. From what you guys are saying, the free games on App Store are already more than enough. Apple products aren't dedicated gaming gadgets anyway, so I wonder what prompts them to go this far.