• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Epic's Epic Giveaway

Ratings
Epic Games is giving away a new PC game every two weeks to draw eyes to its new digital storefront. The company named its new distribution platform Epic Games Store which is not original in the least, but that's okay because a freebie is a freebie mate. Subnautica is currently free until December 27th then it will rotate to Super Meat Boy on December 28th which will remain free until January 10th. You have to download the games through the store and also download the Epic Games launcher to play them.

I've been messing around with Subnautica and it's loads of fun. You're basically trapped deep in the ocean on an alien planet and are trying to survive around oceanic monsters, while exploring the area for the materials you need. I'm dealing with heaps of crabsquids at the moment.

Do you think Steam will continue their reign of popularity, or will Epic make ground with their giveaway? I'm interested to see how the other platforms respond. More competition for our money is great for gamers!

Last edited:
Ratings
Steam will still lead the competition as there are many gamers who are already hooked to this company. Reliability and fast access are some of the qualities that made Steam stand out in the competition. EA's Origin doesn't sell games that aren't made by EA, the same can be said with Blizzard's Gear and Ubisoft's Store.

Time will tell whether Epic Games can be a real competitor for Steam.

Last edited:

Evelyn

Ratings
I'll be happily downloading all the freebies. I've seen a few free Steam codes they've handed out as well, so check out their twitter feed if you haven't already cause that's where they announce them. I think any competition is good as it generally lowers prices.

Ratings
I really don't care whether Epic will become a competitor as long as we can play free games. It is also good that there are new companies willing to stand against the giants as it will benefit us who will buy games at lower prices.

Ratings
I really don't care whether Epic will become a competitor as long as we can play free games. It is also good that there are new companies willing to stand against the giants as it will benefit us who will buy games at lower prices.
I always like it when a company that is considered a starter, rises up to the occasion to challenge the more established ones. In the long run, competition yields better experiences for the gamers.