Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - January 5, 2010 from Louisville, KY (#187)

TPIB

Venue
Freedom Hall in Louisville, KY

(SmackDown for January 8 was taped following ECW)

Confirmed Matches/Events

ECW Homecoming Qualifying Match:
CM Punk Vs. Mark Henry

First ECW of 2010

ECW Homecoming Finale Participants (as of December 29)
Ezekiel Jackson (defeated Vladimir Kozlov on December 15)
Kane (defeated Zack Ryder on December 15)
Vance Archer (defeated Goldust on December 22)
Yoshi Tatsu (defeated Jack Swagger on December 22)
Matt Hardy (defeated Finlay on December 29)
Evan Bourne (defeated Mike Knox on December 29)

Last edited:

Dante Spears

Christian is channeling Belty it seems.

Well what did that match teach us? That Mark Henry's skull has the strength of a package of crisps?

Last edited:

TPIB

Is it just me or has this whole Regal/Zeke/Kozlov angle not had any new developments in about three weeks time?

I roll my eyes every time it becomes clear that Zeke & Kozlov are about to have another match. I was watching the screensaver on my laptop during this one as the screensaver was a hell of a lot more interesting.

I did catch, and enjoy, Mark Henry doing a Hulk Hogan impersonation. Though I could not tell if the crowd was saying "you" or "boo".

To add to a comment made by Christian regarding CM Punk looking like he had not showered recently, there is a feature in the newest WWE Magazine that I was reading and they brought up how, whenever a character turns heel (or "goes bad" in their words), they grow facial hair. While it is not always the case, it has been in a few recent instances. Most notably CM Punk & Batista; they have both grown facial hair since their heel turns.

Speaking of CM Punk, his chest hair looks even creepier in high definition (I don't have SmackDown in high definition because my local affiliate sucks).

It also looks to me like Luke Gallows has lost some weight.

There are several different directions they could go with next week's Battle Royal, but, given the confrontation between Christian & Punk, I am going to predict Punk winning the Battle Royal.

Jimmy Redman

Well what did that match teach us? That Mark Henry's skull has the strength of a package of crisps?
That Mark Henry is too heavy for Punk to lift for the G2S?

Show on the whole was lame, nothing stood out. Wouldnt mind Punk/Christian being given some time at the Rumble though.