Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - January 26, 2010 from Cincinnati, OH (#190)

TPIB

Venue
U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH

Last week's edition of ECW on Syfy scored a 0.9 rating, which was down from the previous week's 1.0 rating.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Christian & Kane Vs. Ezekiel Jackson & William Regal

Final Build To The Royal Rumble

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

Results:

Credit:
lordsofpain.net

ECW
Airing This Thursday in The UK

A video package airs hyping the main event which will see Christian & Kane take on Big Zeke & William Regal. The ECW video package plays before those very loud fireworks hit the stage as we are 5 days from the Royal Rumble. William Regal is in the ring and he brings out Ezekiel Jackson who Regal dubbed the “Next ECW Champion”

Big Zeke looks at the video on screen of his beat down of Christian last week in an image that will repeat itself at the Rumble according to Big Zeke. This brings out the current ECW Champion Christian who said he likes quotes from the bible since well, He is Christian. Christian references a quote from the bible which makes Zeke laugh. Christian states he is the current ECW champion who has beaten guys who from “All American Americans to Creepy Pale British dudes” . Christian points out that Zeke forgot to mention the fact that last week was a 2 on 1 attack but this week… he has back up

Kane walks outs and enters the ring.. Apparently this match is next.

Christian & Kane vs. Ezekiel Jackson & William Regal

We are back as Regal and Christian lock up and exchange holds before Christian monkey flips Regal who tags out to Zeke as Christian tags in Kane. These two monsters both hit’s the ropes and hit a shoulder block.. Both guys don’t move a muscle until Kane uppercuts and clotheslines the Number one contender.

Kane tags in Christian who is met by a power slam so he tags back in Kane who works on the arm of Jackson. Jackson backs Kane into his and Regal’s corner where they beat down on The Big Red Monster and work on the knee. Kane starts to fight back only for Regal to tag out to Zeke who stomps on Kane and rams the shoulder of Kane before stinger splashing Kane in the corner.

Big Zeke goes for a front headlock as the crowd chant for Kane who seems to responded as he pushes an on rushing Zeke into the turnbuckle before tagging in Christian who missile drop kicks Jackson before attempting a Killswitch and hitting a reverse DDT. Christian dodges Zeke, punches William Regal before joining them on the outside via a cross body.

We are back as Ezekiel is on his back following a drop kick from Kane who tags in Christian. The ECW champion is overpowered to the outside by Big Zeke who follows Christian and flattens him with a running body block. Regal tags in Zeke whom power slams Christian before man handling the ECW champion as he attempts to break the back of Christian with a massive Back Breaker.

William Regal beats down on Christian as the ref stops Kane from entering the ring before Regal hit’s a beautiful butterfly suplex and tagging in Big Zeke who uses his “23 pythons” to beat down on Christian. The crowd starts to get behind Christian who inches towards his corner which fails as Regal runs in thus causing the ref to miss any tag that Christian could get. Big Zeke tags in Regal who places Christian on the top rope where Christian fights back and drop kicks Regal before tagging in Kane.

Kane enters the ring like a house on fire taking out everyone including Regal with a flying Clothesline. On the outside Zeke chucks Kane into the ring post before tagging himself in as Christian hit’s a Killswitch on Regal. Christian turns around and gets hit with Big Zeke’s finisher(if you can think of a name, email me)

Winner: Ezekiel Jackson & William Regal

After the match, Big Zeke chokes out Christian as we go to a break.

-Royal Rumble card read out and a decent Royal Rumble package-

We are then shown a pre recorded Shelton Benjamin where he talks about The Royal Rumble before he is attacked by Vance Archer.

Zack Ryder, Caylen Croft & Trent Barreta vs. Goldust, Yoshi Tatsu and Hurricane

Croft starts out with Goldust and Goldust takes out all his opponents before atomic dropping Croft and getting a one count. Goldust tags in Hurricane and Croft tags in Zack Ryder who gets low bridged to the outside as we go for another break.

We are back as Tatsu takes out Croft before tagging in Goldust who tags in Hurricane after Croft tags in Barreta . Hurricane Hurricanarna’s Barreta to the outside where Zack Ryder beats down on Hurricane for a little bit before tagging in Croft. Croft puts in a full nelson which Hurricanes gets out of only to be clothelined out of his shoes.

Croft tags in Barreta who locks in a version of a crossface which changes into a headlock before tagging in Zack Ryder. Ryder neck breakers Hurricane and continues to work on the neck via a headlock before tagging in Croft, Croft and Barreta double team Hurricane and retag so Croft is the Legal man. The crowd start to get behind Hurricane who hits Croft with a shining Wizard and tags in Yoshi Tatsu as Croft tags in Barreta .

Tatsu hit’s a spinning heel kick and goes for a pin which leads to a mass brawl then ends with Yoshi Tatsu hitting a kick to the head of Barreta for the win

Winners: Goldust, Yoshi Tatsu and Hurricane!

TPIB

I missed it about three years ago like everyone else.

Plus, it's only one less match than most weeks.

By the way, this week's ECW scored a 0.9 rating, the same as last week.

Jimmy Redman

This was a strange episode.

Firstly, why was the main event angle and match on first? Seriously, this show was ass backward. I assumed there'd be some big Rumble angle at the end, but there was nothing, just the jobber six man. Really strange.

Secondly, the main event tag match was STUPID. God damn stupid. Its Exhibit #856 of them not knowing how to book pro wrestling anymore. They do the angle, they make the match, they start. Big Zeke tags in against Kane. They try a tackle, Zeke no-sells it, flexes, and screams "YOU AINT GOT SH*T ON ME! I'M TOO STRONG!" And I thought, awesome, way to put him over!

Then Kane immediately punches the sh*t out of him, he hits a clothesline and ZEKE JUST BUMPS. Just like that, like a tool. Then Kane and Christian get heat on him for the next 5 minutes. And I thought, you dumb motherf*ckers.

I mean, by the end of the match Zeke got a fair amount of heat on Christian and he beat him in the end and stood over him, he wasnt Shane McMahon'd or anything, but Christ. They just have no idea what they're doing.

The main event was cool, a really fun little match. I really enjoy Trent Barreta and his little springboard fake is a great move. But this was the main event of the go-home show, and you just think "that was it?" What exactly about this couldnt have been done in the opener, and what exactly about the main event stuff couldnt have been done in the main event?

Strange show.

TPIB

I don't think it is a coincidence that RAW has been booked (with the exception of this week's show) like that and now ECW was booked like that.

It must be one of Vince's latest apeshit ideas to flip a perfectly sensible formula around.

Seriously, did Vince and Dixie switch companies and I missed it?

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Has everybody seen the film The Producers? I'm completely convinced that Vince is trying to pull off a similar scam by just putting on the worst wrestling shows that have ever happened in global history.