Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread- February 17, 2009 from Spokane, WA (#141)

TPIB

Venue
Spokane Arena in Spokane, WA

(ECW on Sci-Fi was taped prior to RAW on February 16 in the same venue)

Confirmed Matches/Events

Christian & Finlay Vs. Jack Swagger & Mark Henry

No Way Out Fallout

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
pwinsider.com

ECW (Airing This Week):

The Boogeyman lost to Paul Burchill via a roll up. Boogey was not happy and chased Burchill and Katie Lea to the back.

John Morrison beat Tommy Dreamer, who is now 0-4 since proclaiming he would retire in June if he doesn't win the ECW Title. Miz was at ringside for part of the match but was sent to the back by the ref. That didn't help Dreamer any. Later on though they did a segment where Dreamer is now pals with Ricky Ortiz.

Tyson Kidd won a squash over some guy whose name I didn't get.

Finlay and Christian beat Mark Henry and Jack Swagger when Christian pinned Swagger. They announced that Swagger will defend the ECW Title against Christian next week.
Dark Match:

Dolph Ziggler beat DJ Gabriel in a dark match.

TPIB

ECW on Sci-Fi Match Results- February 17, 2009

Paul Burchill (with Katie Lea Burchill) def. The Boogeyman by roll-up.

World Tag Team Champion John Morrison (with The Miz) def. Tommy Dreamer by pin following the Moonlight Drive.

Squash Match:
Tyson Kidd def. Clayton Matthews (jobber) by pin following the springboard elbow drop.

Christian & Finlay (with Hornswoggle) def. ECW Champion Jack Swagger & Mark Henry (with Tony Atlas) by Christian pinning Jack Swagger following the Kill Switch (Unprettier).

Jayfunk

They...re...named...the...Un...Pre...tty...er.

What.
I know, the Kill switch is a crap name. I don't see the issue with the Unprettier it was a WWE move before a TNA one.

Cage needs to win that Title to give it some creditablity

Al Stevens

I am going to be different and while it's a shame that they have changed the name of the Unprettier. I actually don't mind the new name. It's catchy.

Jimmy Redman

I think at one point, maybe in OVW, Killswitch was what Cena called the spinny slam thingy.

Killswitch isnt a better or more relevant name than Unprettier, it just seems like they're changing it for the sake of changing it.

But I must say I still really dig the remix.

Al Stevens

Oh I actually like the revised version of "Just Close your eyes" I dont know i think it feels better for the character of christian.

Also I didn't know about that with the Spinning powerbomb move either. However i think during the time of E&C the unprettier suited the move however the times have changed a lot and I do believe it suits the move a lot more.

Phil

surely Killswitch gives off more of a negative meaning than the unprettier? For someone who's trying to make their market PG it seems an odd move.

MastersGonads

surely Killswitch gives off more of a negative meaning than the unprettier? For someone who's trying to make their market PG it seems an odd move.
Are you the editor of the Daily Mail per chance?

It's a name...If the regulatory bodies have that big an issue with it, they might as well close down professional wrestling as a whole...

Phil

Why would I be the editor of the daily mail!

I wasn't having a go, was just making an observatory comment.

Jimmy Redman

Its not any less-PG, per se, its not any more relevant to his character, its not any cooler a name, its not any more anything. Its just...nothing, so I have no idea why they bothered to change it at all.

JamesMXPX

Pretty good main event tbh, I liked the teased problem between Finlay and Christian early on.

TPIB

If anything, Killswitch sounds more adult-orientated than Unprettier. Neither one are words, mind you, but that never really matters with finisher names. When I hear "Killswitch" it reminds me of the game Kill Zone.