Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread- April 14, 2009 from Knoxville, TN (#149)

TPIB

Venue
Thompson-Boling Arena at the University of Tennessee

Confirmed Matches/Events

Elimination Chase To Backlash: Round 2: Triple Threat:
Christian Vs. Finlay Vs. Tommy Dreamer

TPIB

ECW on Sci-Fi April 14, 2009 Match Results

John Morrison def. Evan Bourne by pin following a Super Moonlight Drive.

Squash Match:
Vladimir Kozlov (in his ECW debut) def. David Floridia (jobber) by pin following the modified chokeslam.

Elimination Chase To Backlash: Round 2: Triple Threat:
Finlay def. Christian & Tommy Dreamer by pinning Tommy Dreamer following the Celtic Cross to eliminate Tommy Dreamer from the Elimination Chase.

Last edited:

Jimmy Redman

"LARIAT-OH!"

I love Striker. Why he isnt on Smackdown with JR I will never, ever know.

Anywho, people, Bourne v Morrison. WATCH WATCH WATCH. Just awesome stuff. It was one of those matches where there are spots and counters you literally havent seen before, in an updated WCW cruiserweight way, and is so damn refreshing in current-day WWE.

You know, if they had one of those kind of cruiserweight spot monkey matches on ECW every week it would be a must watch show. Its such a simple but attainable idea that I literally just thought of in 2 seconds, but its this kind of thing they should be thinking of and they arent. Hell, they have Bourne and Tyson, and they have Kendrick, Chavo, Noble, Jesse, Yang and even Funaki as cruiserweights on other shows, all of whom are doing nothing whatsoever, and all of whom could be put to better use having 10 minute spotfests on ECW TV to get your Bournes and your Tysons over. Christ, they even have Low Ki in developmental. I mean, there is usually at the very least one really good TV match every week, most often on Smackdown and sometimes on ECW, but they're hardly ever of the high-flying variety. Historically speaking they're pretty much guarranteed crowd pleasers, but they are almost completely absent from WWE right now, outside of Bourne and Rey.

DC

Bourne v Morrison is astounding. Oh, and who would have thought Evan could hit a lariat with such force?