Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - 9th September 2008

What Did You Think of the 118'th Edition of ECW on Sci-Fi?

• Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Poor

• Very Poor

• Total voters

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
The Bradley Center - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

TV Schedule:
USA: Tuesday 9th September on Sci Fi at 10/9c - LIVE
UK: Thursday 11th September on Sky Sports Xtra at 11.30pm

Fateful Message
9th September 2008

With an Eight-Man Tag Team Match win on ECW last week, it seems Matt Hardy has the momentum he needs going into Unforgiven. Along with ECW Champion Mark Henry, The Miz, Chavo Guerrero and Finlay, Hardy will compete in an ECW Championship Scramble Match at Unforgiven.

Hardy won the tag match for his team after delivering a devastating Twist of Fate to the World's Strongest Man, making a major statement to his Unforgiven competitors. But, does Hardy finally have what it truly takes to bring home the ECW gold on Sunday in the Scramble? Will Henry remain the World's Strongest Champion? Could Guerrero once again hold the ECW Title? Will Finlay prove he's the man who loves to fight and win the ECW Championship? Or will The Miz give all of his Unforgiven competitors a Reality Check and become the new Extreme Champion?

Also last week, Ricky Ortiz proved once again his Ricky O. Rally Towel is the good luck charm he needs to help him continue his hot streak. It seems every week the WWE Universe waves the Ricky O. Rally Towel, Ortiz picks up another win. This week, Ortiz defeated SmackDown's Ryan Braddock with The Big O to up his undefeated streak to 5-0. Will anyone be able to stop Ortiz, who came to ECW as part of General Manager Theodore Long's New Superstar Initiative? Will the WWE Universe continue to rally behind this confident newcomer?

Find out the answers to these questions and more tonight LIVE at Unforgiven, and then tune in to ECW this Thursday night at 11.30pm on Sky Sports Xtra!

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
wrestlezone.com

* ECW opens with Matt Hardy coming out and talking about winning the ECW Championship at Unforgiven. Mark Henry comes out with Tony Atlas to interrupt. Henry attacks Hardy, but he counters both and walks out triumphantly.

* John Morrison w/The Miz b. Evan Bourne after The Miz interfered with Bourne's Shooting Star Press.

* Finlay & ECW Champion Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry & Mike Knox is announced for later tonight.

* "The All American" Jack Swagger b. Josh Daniels via pinfall in a quick match. Lots of "who are you guys?" chants.

* Finlay & Matt Hardy b. Mark Henry & Mike Knox
- Prior to the match the referee unhooked one of the turnbuckles. Hardy got the win via pinfall after hitting Twist of Fate.

DC

Jack Swagger was formerly known as Jake Hager in FCW. He is 6'4" and 280-290lbs, so he has size on his side.

Paul

Yeah. I would guess 2 things, firstly so they can copywrite it (dont know how Punk got away with it, besides how much Heyman liked him) and secondly to give the impression of a risk taking fighting machine (a la Jason Bourne).

Jayfunk

persoanlly i never watch ECW but i looked him up, i do that to keep in know, and was surprised to find out he was Matt Sydal. I liked him in WSX, so i might check out ECW to watch him.

Jimmy Redman

Bourne/Morrison was the shiznit.
This.

Bourne looks even better with someone like Morrison to fly around with, a la Raw and a la this match. It ruled.

"The All-American American" Jack Swagger has got to be the best name for anyone, ever. I've heard good things about him so hopefully he can get a decent go. He didnt look terrible but it wasnt much to work with.