Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - 9th December 2008

What Did You Think of the 131'st Edition of ECW on Sci-Fi?

• Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Poor

• Very Poor

• Total voters

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
The Arena at Harbor Yard - Bridgeport, Connecticut

TV Schedule:
USA: Tuesday 9th December on Sci Fi at 9/8c
UK: Friday 12th December on Sky Sports Xtra at 2am

The Final ECW Before The Armageddon PPV

Cathal

Tony Atlas' ring gear was amazing.

EDIT - No DJ Gabriel and Alicia Fox this week :(

Last edited:

Cross The Line

Sally and all the WWE marks criticizing TNA -

Boogeyman vs Scott Reed
Mark Henry and Tony Atlas vs Finlay and Hornswoggle

And you say Impact is bad. :lol:

DraVen

You're right, TNA's 'A' show is slightly better than this particular week of WWE's 'C' show. I can't imagine how happy that makes Russo.

DarkMatchJobber

" The only two-time Slammy award winners "

The above comment by Todd Grisham blatantly ignoring the fact that the late Owen Hart was the first two-time Slammy winner,do your research you third-rate announcer!

Mark Henry and Tony Atlas are great.

Tommy Dreamer = No-One cares about him anymore

Miz and Morrison = Still the best tag-team out there

MastersGonads

I'm a 'gimmick poster' because I like TNA better than Vince's crap? OK then ...
No your a gimmick poster, because you have been here 5 minutes and the fact you start a TNA v WWE debate...Fine you dont like it, but what is the point of flaming/baiting by posting for a reaction?!

Your new, you want to make an impression...yada yada we get it!

cuellar

i saw this on wwe.com a few minutes ago. kozlov is a bully. that was uncalled for, i hope matt beats him. poor finlay and hornswoggle. (there not gay)

H}{H-Evolution

To be fair, pretty much any show can be better than ECW these days...TNA beating it in the ratings isn't saying much, considering that to at least have more of an 'Impact' it should at LEAST be rivalling Smackdowns regular numbers.

Which, apparently, it isn't...Funny, that! :D

Cross The Line

Yes, Impact should already be ahead of an established show of the biggest wrestling company around which has ran for about ten years. :rolleyes2:

Although if recent trends continue they might not be too far apart before long.

H}{H-Evolution

Except for a show that desperately wants to be seen as the alternative and has had a chance to establish itself more, it's still hovering around the 1.5 and below mark...barely scraping the bottom of the newer barrel that is ECW, which essentially isn't the old show but the WWE re-branding which is the least popular of the 3 shows WWE puts out...

Yeah, ECW's still managing to outdo TNA right now - and it's VINCE'S ECW, too...hardly an achievement for TNA to be outdone week in and week out, is it?

Cross The Line

'Vince's ECW' is not much of a insult when it comes to ratings, seeing as it gets greater ratings than the original ECW did on TNN. And besides, TNA are not 'outdone week in and week out', it has beaten ECW on numerous occasions over the last few months.

DC

Yes, Impact should already be ahead of an established show of the biggest wrestling company around which has ran for about ten years. :rolleyes2:
If you're using Smackdown's longer tenure as a reason why Impact is lagging behind, can you explain why it also, more often than not, lags behind ECW, a show with less tenure than Impact?

Aholda

Morrison needs to stop doing that gay hand movement in his entrance. I don't understand why wrestlers do stuff like that? Like Kofi Kingstons hand clap.

It's really really lame.

No wonder WWE is losing more more viewers to MMA.

DC

Morrison needs to stop doing that gay hand movement in his entrance. I don't understand why wrestlers do stuff like that? Like Kofi Kingstons hand clap.

It's really really lame.

No wonder WWE is losing more more viewers to MMA.
I suppose you'd rather they all came down like Koslov (pre-entrance music).

Jimmy Redman

Ahahaha hilarious. I could be slightly off, but I think Impact has actually beaten ECW like once or twice, ever. Clap clap clap.

Why was Mark Henry being so mean to Tony Atlas? :sad:

Swagger > Kozlov, and Miz and Morrison milking their Slammys for ever more rules. Speaking of ruling, Striker compared Funaki and Jimmy Yang to the Jumping Bomb Angels. Epic.