Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - 29th January 2008

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
Sovereign Center - Reading, Pennsylvania

TV Schedule:
USA: Tuesday 29th January on Sci Fi at 10/9c - LIVE
UK: Thursday 31st January on Sky Sports 3 at 11.30pm

Family Business
29th January 2008

Chavo Guerrero defeated CM Punk last week, winning the ECW Championship in a No Disqualification Match. With the help of World Heavyweight Champion Edge, who delivered a devastating spear to Punk, Chavo won the ECW Title, as "the Guerrero family" looked on. What's next for the newly crowned ECW Champ in the Land of the Extreme?

There ain't no stopping Shelton Benjamin, who was victorious in an Over-the-Top Rope Challenge. ECW's "Gold Standard" keeps adding to his ECW winning streak. Benjamin will take part in the Royal Rumble; is it his time? Can he win the Rumble match?

Last week's Best Body Contest turned into a Divas brawl, as Lena stood by Layla's side when she attacked the winner, Kelly Kelly. Now that it appears Layla has an ally, how will this affect her former best friend, Kelly Kelly?

ECW's newest Superstar, Kofi Kingston, is ready to take care of any trouble that comes to paradise. He earned an Extremely impressive victory in his first ECW appearance. How will this Jamaican Superstar make his Extreme impact?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW this Thursday Night at 11.30pm on Sky Sports 3!

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
im really liking kofi so far. with the right push he can potentially go far.

Jimmy Redman

I enjoy Punk braining Chavo with guitars.

That was a really good show.

Shelton v Kane was really good considering it was Kane. MNM squashing Colin was mega fun, and Tommy coming means that the angle is going somewhere. Victoria wrestling and Layla scowling are never bad things. Kofi looked a bit better in the ring this week, still not a fan though. And Punk was well over, which is good.

TPIB

You know, I was watching CM Punk's attack for a second time and I find it amusing how Tazz & Styles don't recognize that it's CM Punk until he takes the mustache off. They ask, "Is that CM Punk?" and then after the mustache comes off, their reaction is like, "Oh, it is CM Punk". For one, it was obvious it was Punk. Also, who else would it be but the former champion?

Jimmy Redman

You know, I was watching CM Punk's attack for a second time and I find it amusing how Tazz & Styles don't recognize that it's CM Punk until he takes the mustache off. They ask, "Is that CM Punk?" and then after the mustache comes off, their reaction is like, "Oh, it is CM Punk". For one, it was obvious it was Punk. Also, who else would it be but the former champion?
I thought it was funny how Punk brained him and took the hat off, but then he rips the moustache off as if thats his masterful disguise.

Nemesis Enforcer

Enjoyed the show and glad to see that the Colin Delaney beatdown angle is starting to go somewhere, looks like Dreamer will take him under his wing now

Shelton did a good job in his match against Kane which was a pleasent suprise considering some of the below standard performances in Kane matches recently

Punk smashing Chavo with the guitar was fun to end the show too

TPIB

As a fan of both Delaney & Dreamer, it's a win-win situation for me as far as the angle goes. Though Miz & Morrison have been good tag team champions, I want to see Delaney & Dreamer hold the gold for awhile. Though it seems rare nowadays to have a champion or champions lose a title and then win them right back, they could always give Miz & Morrison the tag titles back somewhere down the line.

Speaking of champions, I think that the belt should go back to Punk at No Way Out or WrestleMania. Chavo and the ECW Title just don't seem to mix together well. It would be cool to see Punk upset Edge for the World Heavyweight Title, but I don't think that's even a possibility between now and WrestleMania. Edge will probably lose the World Title to Undertaker at 'Mania, anyways. I'm not sure if or how the Edge/'Taker angle will work anyways, as far as the undefeated streak goes. Edge did lose at last year's 'Mania, but that was in the MITB Ladder Match, so they will probably do like they did for Benjamin and others and make it to where they have to be pinned or tap out for the undefeated streak to end. I'm not sure how well Punk Vs. Chavo would hold up at 'Mania, though. There might have to be some sort of additional "factors" to the match.

Jimmy Redman

I assume that they will start comparing Colin to Tommy Dreamer in ECW trying to get over with the fans and be 'hardcore'. Which is fine.

And Punk finally regaining against Chavo in Extreme Rules sounds good to me.

Smurf

You could tell it was Punk as soon as he walked out. I was stood nearly 2 feet away and people at the top of the arena were shouting "It's Punk"

TPIB

I knew it was Punk the whole time. I knew it from the point that Punk was in the ring with his back to Chavo.