Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

ECW Discussion Thread - 29th April 2008

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, New Jersey

TV Schedule:
USA: Tuesday 29th April on Sci Fi at 10/9c - LIVE
UK: Thursday 1st May on Sky Sports 3 at 11.30pm

Brotherly Backlash?
29th April 2008

Only days before impending championship battles at Backlash, Edge and Chavo Guerrero gained the upper hand. The "familia" attacked Kane and attempted to demolish his leg, simultaneously sending a message to Undertaker. Will Edge and Guerrero continue their momentum on Sunday and bring the gold back to their family? Or will the titles stay with the Brothers of Destruction?

Also on ECW, Shelton Benjamin fell short of delivering Kofi Kingston his first loss since joining the Land of the Extreme. Can anyone slow down the Jamaican Superstar? Has Benjamin lost his credibility as the self-proclaimed "Gold Standard" of ECW?

Half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, John Morrison, was another Superstar who was taken by surprise with a loss. Jimmy Wang Yang delivered a crushing blow to the Shaman of Sexy, adding to the WWE Tag Team Champions' stretch of inconsistency. Will Morrison & The Miz find a way to rebound?

Mike Knox & Layla suffered a loss too, at the hands of Tommy Dreamer & Kelly Kelly. But Knox took matters into his own hands, leaving the ECW Original bruised and battered. Will Dreamer retaliate?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on ECW this Thursday Night at 11.30pm on Sky Sports 3, and don't forget to watch Backlash this Sunday!

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Credit:
pwinsider.com

- Elijah Burke defeated Jamie Noble with the Elijah Express.

- Kofi Kingston defeated Shelton Benjamin.

- Mike Knox defeated Tommy Dreamer with Colin Delaney.

- Striker's Classroom with Mick Foley. Striker introduces Foley as the new Smackdown commentator, then makes fun of Foley's appearance, teeth, hair, and missing ear. Foley says he likes the way he looks... the scars, the hair, the missing ear. He sacrificed a lot for all the fans. Foley says Striker hasn't sacrificed anything and never entertained anyone. Foley does the Atlantic City cheap pop. Striker asks Foley if he knows the difference between a Northern Lights Suplex and the Northern State Parkway. Foley pulls Mr. Socko out to teach Striker a lesson.
Class dismissed.

CM Punk defeated Chuck Palumbo via DQ when Palumbo refused to back out of Punk's corner. Post match, Punk & Palumbo fought, Punk hit his knee in the corner, then went for the bulldog, but Palumbo just tossed Punk.

Advertised for this week's Smackdown is a night of champions, where the US Title, WWE Tag Team Title and the World Heavyweight Title will all be defended. Their opponents were not announced.

Video from last night's RAW aired.

Next week's ECW, Colin Delaney's ECW contract is on the line in an Extreme Rules Match with Tommy Dreamer vs. Mike Knox.

Bam Neeley & Chavo Guererro vs. Kane.

Right before Kane was introduced, Mike Adamle abruptly left the broadcast position. Tazz got up and looked confused. He went to sit back down, but after a moment or so, got up and left as well. There are currently no commentators during the main event.

Guerrero & Neeley win when Chavo hits Kane with the frog splash.

Twig

On WWE.com tehy talk abotu Tazz and Mike leaving the desk. Seems to be a work with Mike getting fed up with the fans and probably someone else giving him crap for being a bad commentator.

Shaun2J

Do what thou wilt
Subscriber
Methinks Coach has something to do with it. Like some anger management problems for being kicked off the Smackdown announcers booth. It's only a matter of time till he rapes Mike Adamle...Did I mention Heidenreich?!

Jimmy Redman

Holy crap, someone overdosed on their Worked Shoot pills this month. Although any protest by Adamle and Coach for people b*tching about their performance gets my wholehearted support.

ajkennedy

Mike Adamle walked off tonight's ECW telecast. At one point Tazz sat back down but then he got up again and left, I guess, to find out what was the problem with Adamle. Adamle left through the crowd.
Credit:
wrestlingherald.com

DraVen

An Adamle heel turn would rule the Earth, but it's a shame because I genuinely like him. Far more than I've liked Styles since around January.

Nemesis Enforcer

ECW On Sci-Fi did a 1.1 rating this week, down from a 1.3 rating. This could be the first week ever where TNA Impact does a bigger rating than ECW.

Tazz and Mike Adamle did not return to the backstage area last night. They left the show and did not return. Many WWE workers actually thought Adamle walking out was a legit shoot and figured Vince McMahon had fired him. Obviously the situation is a worked storyline though.
Credit: Wrestlezone.com

So each week Adamle has been on commentery the rating has gone down, now thats not to say he alone is responcible for it, but I wonder if this "walk out" will up the rating to anything decent next week?

Jimmy Redman

The Classroom segment was great. Striker is always great when he's given a chance to speak.

Adamle actually walked off mid-sentence. He was saying something like "And the good thing for Kane is..." and then after a pause there was lots of clunking headsets and he walked. Tazz did a "Mike? Mike, where you going?!" before he went after him.

Jayfunk

Credit: Wrestlezone.com

So each week Adamle has been on commentery the rating has gone down, now thats not to say he alone is responcible for it, but I wonder if this "walk out" will up the rating to anything decent next week?
the problem with ECW at the minute is that adamle is overshadowing the real talent and that is wrong. i predict that ecw will be sub 1.0 soon even worst than the orginal ecw ratings

Jimmy Redman

Also forgot to mention how utterly retarded it was when Foley threw Adamle Mr Socko and he was putting it in his mouth. Urgh.

Nemesis Enforcer

Just watched the show and wasn't too impressed with it to be honest

I will get right to the whole walk off thing, it seemed like no-one told Tazz what was happening as Mike went to walk off then came back pointed to Tazz then himself and they both walked off through the crowd Tazz looking very perplexed by it. It really says somehting though when I didn't really notice a difference without them on commentary during the main event then a normal match with them talking :lol:

Foley in Strikers Classroom was great, easily the best part of the show for me, Striker was great in this segment when talking about how Foley looked

The matches though were a low

Mike Knox vs Tommy Dreamer was crap why they keep Knox around I don't know as he is not some freakish giant so has no shock value and is just useless in the ring and so not over its laughable

Punk vs Chucky P was another poor match with a crap ending, I am not a fan of endings where someone is DQ'ed for just punching in the corner would it have hurt to have Punk go over clean? not looking forwards to a Punk vs Chuck feud which this match seems to be the start of either, Punk as MitB holder should be feuding higher up the card in prep for his shot not a nobody midcarder for life

Kofi vs Benjamin was the best match of the night I thought good opener with plenty of action, I am really getting into Kofi now after I was unsure to begin with

Kane vs Chavo & Bam Kneely was meh at best really, I am not convinced about this Bam Kneely at all he did nothing in this match to show me he is ready to be on TV yet and as I said earlier I hardly noticed that there was no commentery for the match